Liquidity and asset prices: a VECM approach
The recent financial and economic crisis highlighted the importance to better understand the relationship between liquidity developments and asset price movements. Central banks with focus on inflation targeting allowed asset price inflation, following burst, with its devastating consequences for the financial system and real economy. Equilibrium price should emanate from fundamentals. However liquidity conditions are part of fundamental variables and should be taken into consideration as explanatory variables in the process of asset pricing. Furthermore in many cases assets serve as collateral in refinancing which means that refinancing conditions influence values of pledged assets.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- DETKEN Carsten & SMETS Frank, "undated".
"Asset Price Booms and Monetary Policy,"
- Detken, Carsten & Smets, Frank, 2004. "Asset price booms and monetary policy," Working Paper Series 364, European Central Bank.
- Klaas Baks & Charles Frederick Kramer, 1999. "Global Liquidity and Asset Prices; Measurement, Implications, and Spillovers," IMF Working Papers 99/168, International Monetary Fund.
- Nikolaou, Kleopatra & Drehmann, Mathias, 2009. "Funding liquidity risk: definition and measurement," Working Paper Series 1024, European Central Bank.
- Mathias Drehmann & Kleopatra Nikolaou, 2010. "Funding liquidity risk: definition and measurement," BIS Working Papers 316, Bank for International Settlements.
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2008. "Liquidity, monetary policy, and financial cycles," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 14(Jan).
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2008. "Liquidity and financial cycles," BIS Working Papers 256, Bank for International Settlements.
- Philip Lowe & Claudio Borio, 2002. "Asset prices, financial and monetary stability: exploring the nexus," BIS Working Papers 114, Bank for International Settlements. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.