Liquidity and asset prices: a VECM approach
The recent financial and economic crisis highlighted the importance to better understand the relationship between liquidity developments and asset price movements. Central banks with focus on inflation targeting allowed asset price inflation, following burst, with its devastating consequences for the financial system and real economy. Equilibrium price should emanate from fundamentals. However liquidity conditions are part of fundamental variables and should be taken into consideration as explanatory variables in the process of asset pricing. Furthermore in many cases assets serve as collateral in refinancing which means that refinancing conditions influence values of pledged assets.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2008. "Liquidity and financial cycles," BIS Working Papers 256, Bank for International Settlements.
- Detken, Carsten & Smets, Frank, 2004.
"Asset price booms and monetary policy,"
Working Paper Series
0364, European Central Bank.
- Philip Lowe & Claudio Borio, 2002. "Asset prices, financial and monetary stability: exploring the nexus," BIS Working Papers 114, Bank for International Settlements.
- Mathias Drehmann & Kleopatra Nikolaou, 2010.
"Funding liquidity risk: definition and measurement,"
BIS Working Papers
316, Bank for International Settlements.
- Drehmann, Mathias & Nikolaou, Kleopatra, 2009. "Funding liquidity risk: definition and measurement," Working Paper Series 1024, European Central Bank.
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2008. "Liquidity, monetary policy, and financial cycles," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 14(Jan).
- Klaas Baks & Charles Frederick Kramer, 1999. "Global Liquidity and Asset Prices; Measurement, Implications, and Spillovers," IMF Working Papers 99/168, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.