Does customer relationship management matter in the banking system? the case of Iran
In the last few years, the Iranian banking system has consistently ignored customer-orienting and its fundamentals and has not been able to use recent modern marketing very well, because of various economic and social problems, the governmental banking system and especially the excess of the demand rate over supply. People do not have any incentive to use Iranian banking system, because banking system do not pay attention to their priority values and needs and just present similar services in all branches of country’s banks. Therefore, the customers refer to the banks inevitably to satisfy their elementary needs, in other words it should said that, in the current situation the people serve the banks, not the banks serve people. Regarding the environmental changes that are front of us, the banks should emphasize on its equipping, recognizing the customer’s need and expectations and regard to market situation. Because every bank can recognize and secure these needs before rivals will success in the competition field. This study attempted to analysis the role of customer communication management in Iranian banks and its weakness, strengths and goals. In addition, it’s executing effects and the basic role of customer as a basic and critical element for remaining the banking system. Finally, some suggestions present for reforming and improving the quality of services in the banking system.
|Date of creation:||05 Jun 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Liebach Lüneborg, Johannes & Flohr Nielsen, Jørn, 2003. "Customer-focused Technology and Performance in Small and Large Banks," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 258-269, April.
- Anil Arya & Brian Mittendorf & Dae-Hee Yoon, 2008. "Friction in Related-Party Trade When a Rival Is Also a Customer," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(11), pages 1850-1860, November.
- Noah Gans, 2002. "Customer Loyalty and Supplier Quality Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(2), pages 207-221, February.
- Mihelis, G. & Grigoroudis, E. & Siskos, Y. & Politis, Y. & Malandrakis, Y., 2001. "Customer satisfaction measurement in the private bank sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 347-360, April.
- Dehghan Nejad, Omid, 2011. "The review of financial repression policies and banking system in Iran," MPRA Paper 30924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31478. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.