Nash Equilibrium and Robust Stability in Dynamic Games: A Small-Gain Perspective
This paper develops a novel methodology to study robust stability properties of Nash equilibrium points in dynamic games. Small-gain techniques in modern mathematical control theory are used for the first time to derive conditions guaranteeing uniqueness and global asymptotic stability of Nash equilibrium point for economic models described by functional difference equations. Specification to a Cournot oligopoly game is studied in detail to demonstrate the power of the proposed methodology.
|Date of creation:||07 Jan 2010|
|Date of revision:||23 Sep 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in Computers and Mathematics with Applications 11.60(2010): pp. 2936-2952|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Okuguchi, Koji & Yamazaki, Takeshi, 2008. "Global stability of unique Nash equilibrium in Cournot oligopoly and rent-seeking game," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1204-1211, April.
- J. E. Stiglitz, 1999. "Introduction," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 28(3), pages 249-254, November.
- Bischi, Gian Italo & Kopel, Michael, 2001. "Equilibrium selection in a nonlinear duopoly game with adaptive expectations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 73-100, September.
- Droste, Edward & Hommes, Cars & Tuinstra, Jan, 2002.
"Endogenous fluctuations under evolutionary pressure in Cournot competition,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 232-269, August.
- Droste, E. & Hommes, C.H. & Tuinstra, J., 1999. "Endogenous Fluctuations under Evolutionary Pressure in Cournot Competition," CeNDEF Working Papers 99-04, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Hommes, Cars H., 1998. "On the consistency of backward-looking expectations: The case of the cobweb," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(3-4), pages 333-362, January.
- Athanasiou, George & Karafyllis, Iasson & Kotsios, Stelios, 2008. "Price stabilization using buffer stocks," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1212-1235, April.
- Nabih Agiza, Hamdy & Italo Bischi, Gian & Kopel, Michael, 1999. "Multistability in a dynamic Cournot game with three oligopolists," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 63-90.
- Chiarella, Carl & Szidarovszky, Ferenc, 2004. "Dynamic oligopolies without full information and with continuously distributed time lags," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 495-511, August.
- Huang, Weihong, 2008. "Information lag and dynamic stability," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(5-6), pages 513-529, April.
- Szidarovszky, Ferenc & Li, Weiye, 2000. "A note on the stability of a Cournot-Nash equilibrium: the multiproduct case with adaptive expectations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 101-107, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26890. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.