A simple model of endogenous agricultural commodity price fluctuations with storage
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Sophie Mitra & Jean-Marc Boussard, 2011. "A Simple Model of Endogenous Agricultural Commodity Price Fluctuations with Storage," Fordham Economics Discussion Paper Series dp2011-05, Fordham University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hommes, Cars H., 1998. "On the consistency of backward-looking expectations: The case of the cobweb," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(3-4), pages 333-362, January.
- Athanasiou, George & Karafyllis, Iasson & Kotsios, Stelios, 2008. "Price stabilization using buffer stocks," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1212-1235, April.
- Voituriez, Tancrede, 2001. "What explains price volatility changes in commodity markets? Answers from the world palm-oil market," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 295-301, September.
- William Brock & Pietro Dindo & Cars Hommes, 2006. "Adaptive rational equilibrium with forward looking agents," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 2(3‐4), pages 241-278, September.
- Deaton, Angus & Laroque, Guy, 1996. "Competitive Storage and Commodity Price Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(5), pages 896-923, October.
- Myers, Robert J., 2006. "On the costs of food price fluctuations in low-income countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 288-301, August.
- Tomek, William G., 2000. "Commodity Prices Revisited," Staff Papers 121146, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Tomek, William G., 2000. "Commodity Prices Revisited," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 125-137, October.
- Wright, Brian D & Williams, Jeffrey C, 1982. "The Economic Role of Commodity Storage," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 596-614, September.
- Brian D. Wright & Jeffrey C. Williams, 1984. "The Welfare Effects of the Introduction of Storage," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(1), pages 169-192.
- Tomek, William G., 2000. "Commodity Prices Revisited," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 1-13, October.
- Robert W. Fogel, 1989. "Second Thoughts on the European Escape from Hunger: Famines, Price Elasticities, Entitlements, Chronic Malnutrition, and Mortality Rates," NBER Historical Working Papers 0001, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:feb:artefa:0008 is not listed on IDEAS
- José A. Scheinkman & Jack Schechtman, 1983. "A Simple Competitive Model with Production and Storage," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(3), pages 427-441.
- Boussard, Jean-Marc, 1996. "When risk generates chaos," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 433-446, May.
- Boussard, Jean-Marc & Gerard, Francoise & Piketty, Marie Gabrielle & Ayouz, Mourad & Voituriez, Tancrede, 2006. "Endogenous risk and long run effects of liberalization in a global analysis framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 457-475, May.
- Hommes, Cars H., 1994. "Dynamics of the cobweb model with adaptive expectations and nonlinear supply and demand," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 315-335, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- RaphaÃ«l Chiappini & Yves JÃ©gourel, 2019. "Explaining the role of commodity traders: A theoretical approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 39(3), pages 2002-2013.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Li, Jian, 2017.
"The Effects of Private Stocks versus Public Stocks on Food Price Volatility,"
2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois
259185, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chavas, J.-P. & Li, J., 2018. "The Effects of Private Stocks versus Public Stocks on Food Price Volatility," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 275976, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fausto Cavalli & Ahmad Naimzada & Nicol`o Pecora & Marina Pireddu, 2018. "Agents' beliefs and economic regimes polarization in interacting markets," Papers 1805.00387, arXiv.org.
- Elodie MaÃ®tre d'HÃ´tel & Tristan Le Cotty, 2018. "Why does onâ€ farm storage fail to mitigate price volatility?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(1), pages 71-82, January.
- Kornher, Lukas & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2013.
"Food Price Volatility in Developing Countries and its Determinants,"
Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture,
Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 52(4), pages 1-32, November.
- Kornher, Lukas & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2013. "Food price volatility in developing countries and its determinants," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156132, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano, 2017.
"Market Fundamentals And International Grain Price Volatility,"
2017 International Congress, August 28-September 1, 2017, Parma, Italy
260908, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fabio Gaetano Santeramo, 2017. "Market Fundamentals and International Grain Price Volatility," 2017 Sixth AIEAA Conference, June 15-16, Piacenza, Italy 261255, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Rong-Gang Cong & Mette Termansen & Mark V. Brady, 2017. "Managing soil natural capital: a prudent strategy for adapting to future risks," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 255(1), pages 439-463, August.
- Berg, Ernst, 2017. "Impacts of Inventory Management on Price Volatility in Agricultural Commodity Markets: Insights from a System Dynamics Model," 2017 International Congress, August 28-September 1, 2017, Parma, Italy 261281, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fabio G., Santeramo & Emilia, Lamonaca, 2018. "On the Drivers of Global Grain Price Volatility : an empirical investigation," MPRA Paper 86795, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean-Louis Rastoin, 2018. "Accélérer la transition vers une alimentation durable par un changement de paradigme scientifique et économique et des politiques publiques innovantes," Post-Print hal-01973487, HAL.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Lamonaca, Emilia & Contò, Francesco & Stasi, Antonio & Nardone, Gianluca, 2017. "Drivers of grain price volatility: a cursory critical review," MPRA Paper 79427, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chaudhry, Muhammad Imran & Miranda, Mario J., 2018. "Complex price dynamics in vertically linked cobweb markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 363-378.
- Piotr Borawski & Wojciech Gotkiewicz & James W. Dunn & Theodore Alter, 2015. "The Impact of Price Volatility of Agricultural Commodities in Polandon Alternative Incomes of Conventional, Ecological and AgritourismFarms," Athens Journal of Business & Economics, Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER), vol. 1(4), pages 299-310, April.
- Chaudhry, Muhammad Imran & Katchova, Ani & Miranda, Mario Javier, 2016. "Examining pricing mechanics in the poultry value chain - empirical evidence from Pakistan," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235953, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- E39 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Other
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:agecon:v:43:y:2012:i:1:p:1-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.