Cournot Duopoly when the Competitors Operate Multiple Production Plants
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tramontana, Fabio & Gardini, Laura & Puu, Tönu, 2009. "Cournot duopoly when the competitors operate multiple production plants," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 250-265, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- al-Nowaihi, A. & Levine, P. L., 1985. "The stability of the cournot oligopoly model: A reassessment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 307-321, August.
- Bonanno, Giacomo, 1988. "Oligopoly Equilibria When Firms Have Local Knowledge of Demand," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(1), pages 45-55, February.
- Bischi, Gian Italo & Kopel, Michael, 2001. "Equilibrium selection in a nonlinear duopoly game with adaptive expectations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 73-100, September.
- R. D. Theocharis, 1960. "On the Stability of the Cournot Solution on the Oligopoly Problem," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 133-134.
- Hommes, Cars H., 1995. "A reconsideration of Hicks' non-linear trade cycle model," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 435-459, December.
- Hommes, Cars H. & Nusse, Helena E. & Simonovits, Andras, 1995. "Cycles and chaos in a socialist economy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 155-179.
- Puu, Tonu & Gardini, Laura & Sushko, Irina, 2005. "A Hicksian multiplier-accelerator model with floor determined by capital stock," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 331-348, March.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Montrucchio, Luigi, 1986. "Dynamic complexity in duopoly games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 40-56, October.
- Furth, Dave, 1986. "Stability and instability in oligopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 197-228, December.
- Nabih Agiza, Hamdy & Italo Bischi, Gian & Kopel, Michael, 1999. "Multistability in a dynamic Cournot game with three oligopolists," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 63-90.
- Gallegati, M. & Gardini, L. & Puu, T. & Sushko, I., 2003. "Hicks’ trade cycle revisited: cycles and bifurcations," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 63(6), pages 505-527.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahmad Naimzada & Fabio Tramontana, 2011. "Double route to chaos in an heterogeneous triopoly game," Quaderni di Dipartimento 149, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Luciano Fanti & Luca Gori, 2013.
"Stability Analysis in a Bertrand Duopoly with Different Product Quality and Heterogeneous Expectations,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 481-501, December.
- Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca, 2011. "Stability analysis in a Bertrand duopoly with different product quality and heterogeneous expectations," MPRA Paper 33480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luciano Fanti & Luca Gori, 2011. "Stability analysis in a Bertrand duopoly with different product quality and heterogeneous expectations," Discussion Papers 2011/122, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Fabio Lamantia & Mario Pezzino, 2017. "Dynamic analysis of discontinuous best response with innovation," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1708, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Ingrid Kubin & Laura Gardini, 2013.
"Border collision bifurcations in boom and bust cycles,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 811-829, September.
- Kubin, Ingrid & Gardini, Laura, 2012. "Border Collision Bifurcations in Boom and Bust Cycles," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 3490, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Ingrid Kubin & Laura Gardini, 2012. " Border Collision Bifurcations in Boom and Bust Cycles," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp137, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca & Sodini, Mauro, 2012. "Nonlinear dynamics in a Cournot duopoly with relative profit delegation," MPRA Paper 37834, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dawid, Herbert & Heitmann, Dennis, 2014. "Best response dynamics with level-n expectations in two-stage games," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 130-153.
- Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca & Sodini, Mauro, 2015. "Nonlinear dynamics in a Cournot duopoly with isoelastic demand," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 129-143.
- Xin, Baogui & Chen, Tong, 2011. "On a master-slave Bertrand game model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1864-1870, July.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:91:y:2018:i:c:p:120-133 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tramontana, Fabio, 2010. "Heterogeneous duopoly with isoelastic demand function," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 350-357, January.
- Angelini, Natascia & Dieci, Roberto & Nardini, Franco, 2009. "Bifurcation analysis of a dynamic duopoly model with heterogeneous costs and behavioural rules," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(10), pages 3179-3196.
More about this item
KeywordsCournot duopoly; isoelastic demand function; cost functions with built-in capacity limits; bifurcation structure.;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-11-25 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2008-11-25 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2008-11-25 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2008-11-25 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:urb:wpaper:08_09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmela Nicoletti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feurbit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.