Quantity Competition, Endogenous Motives and Behavioral Heterogeneity
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alessandra Chirco & Caterina Colombo & Marcella Scrimitore, 2013. "Quantity competition, endogenous motives and behavioral heterogeneity," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 74(1), pages 55-74, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Theo Offerman & Jan Potters & Joep Sonnemans, 2002.
"Imitation and Belief Learning in an Oligopoly Experiment,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 69(4), pages 973-997.
- Theo Offerman & Jan Potters & Joep Sonnemans, 1997. "Imitation and Belief Learning in an Oligopoly Experiment," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-116/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Offerman, T.J.S. & Potters, J.J.M. & Sonnemans, J., 2002. "Imitation and belief learning in an oligopoly experiment," Other publications TiSEM a6a771c5-31ba-4193-8f76-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Schaffer, Mark E., 1989. "Are profit-maximisers the best survivors? : A Darwinian model of economic natural selection," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 29-45, August.
- Rosemarie Nagel & Nicolaas J. Vriend, 1999.
"An experimental study of adaptive behavior in an oligopolistic market game,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 27-65.
- Rosemarie Nagel & Nicolaas J. Vriend, 1997. "An experimental study of adaptive behavior in an oligopolistic market game," Economics Working Papers 230, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- R. Nagel & N.J. Vriend, 1998. "An Experimental Study of Adaptive Behavior in an Oligopolistic Market Game," Working Papers 388, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Huang, Weihong, 2003. "A naive but optimal route to Walrasian behavior in oligopolies," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 553-571, December.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2006:i:29:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikolaos GeorgantzÃs & Constantine Manasakis & Evangelos Mitrokostas & Emmanuel Petrakis, 2008. "Strategic Delegation in Experimental Duopolies with Endogenous Incentive Contracts," Working Papers 0809, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Riechmann, 2006. "Mixed motives in a Cournot game," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(29), pages 1-8.
- Schipper, Burkhard C., 2009.
"Imitators and optimizers in Cournot oligopoly,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 1981-1990, December.
- Schipper, Burkhard C., 2005. "Imitators and Optimizers in Cournot Oligopoly," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 53, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Fernando Vega-Redondo, 1997. "The Evolution of Walrasian Behavior," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(2), pages 375-384, March.
- Vickers, John, 1985. "Delegation and the Theory of the Firm," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380a), pages 138-147, Supplemen.
- Schipper, Burkhard C., 2002. "Imitators and Optimizers in Cournot Oligopoly," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers 29/2002, University of Bonn, Bonn Graduate School of Economics (BGSE).
- Fershtman, Chaim & Judd, Kenneth L, 1987. "Equilibrium Incentives in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 927-940, December.
- Kangsik Choi & Yuanzhu Lu, 2009. "A Model Of Endogenous Payoff Motives And Endogenous Timing In A Mixed Duopoly," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 203-223, September.
- Steven D. Sklivas, 1987. "The Strategic Choice of Managerial Incentives," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(3), pages 452-458, Autumn.
- Miller, Nolan H & Pazgal, Amit I, 2001. "The Equivalence of Price and Quantity Competition with Delegation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(2), pages 284-301, Summer.
- Nolan Miller & Amit Pazgal, 2002. "Relative performance as a strategic commitment mechanism," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 51-68.
- Burkhard C. Schipper, 2005. "Imitators and Optimizers in Cournot oligopoly," Working Papers 67, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lambertini, Luca & Tampieri, Alessandro, 2015.
"Incentives, performance and desirability of socially responsible firms in a Cournot oligopoly,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 40-48.
- L. Lambertini & A. Tampieri, 2010. "Corporate Social Responsibility in a Mixed Oligopoly," Working Papers wp723, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- L. Lambertini & A. Tampieri, 2011. "On the Stability of Mixed Oligopoly Equilibria with CSR Firms," Working Papers wp768, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- repec:kea:keappr:ker-20190701-35-2-03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leal, Mariel & Garcia, Arturo & Lee, Sang-Ho, 2018.
"The Timing Of Environmental Tax Policy With A Consumer-Friendly Firm,"
Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics,
Hitotsubashi University, vol. 59(1), pages 25-43, June.
- Leal, Mariel & Garcia, Arturo & Lee, Sang-Ho, 2018. "The timing of environmental tax policy with a consumer-friendly firm," MPRA Paper 85393, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kopel, Michael & Lamantia, Fabio & Szidarovszky, Ferenc, 2014. "Evolutionary competition in a mixed market with socially concerned firms," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 394-409.
- Lisa Planer-Friedrich & Marco Sahm, 2017. "Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility," CESifo Working Paper Series 6506, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:91:y:2018:i:c:p:71-83 is not listed on IDEAS
- Planer-Friedrich, Lisa & Sahm, Marco, 2017. "Strategic corporate social responsibility," BERG Working Paper Series 124, Bamberg University, Bamberg Economic Research Group.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:67:y:2018:i:c:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. Cellini & L. Lambertini & G. I. P. Ottaviano, 2015. "To Know or Not To Know: Strategic Inattention and Endogenous Market Structure," Working Papers wp987, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Arturo García & Mariel Leal & Sang-Ho Lee, 2019.
"Endogenous Timing with a Socially Responsible Firm,"
Korean Economic Review,
Korean Economic Association, vol. 35, pages 345-370.
- Garcia, Arturo & Leal, Mariel & Lee, Sang-Ho, 2018. "Endogenous timing with a socially responsible firm," MPRA Paper 83968, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Domenico De Giovanni & Fabio Lamantia, 2016. "Control delegation, information and beliefs in evolutionary oligopolies," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 1089-1116, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBehavioral Heterogeneity; Endogenous Motives; Relative Performance; Multistage Games; Quantity Competition.;
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2010-08-06 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2010-08-06 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2010-08-06 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EVO-2010-08-06 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-IND-2010-08-06 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2010-08-06 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:24165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .