Relative performance as a strategic commitment mechanism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fershtman, Chaim & Judd, Kenneth L, 1987. "Equilibrium Incentives in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 927-940, December.
- David Donaldson & Hugh Neary, 1984. "Decentralized Control of a Socialist Industry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 99-110, February.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Fumas, Vicente Salas, 1992. "Relative performance evaluation of management : The effects on industrial competition and risk sharing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 473-489, September.
- Kapteyn, Arie & Wansbeek, Tom, 1982. "Empirical evidence on preference formation," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 137-154, June.
- Daniel F. Spulber, 1989. "Regulation and Markets," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262192756.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1995. "Stackelberg equilibrium in oligopoly: An explanation based on managerial incentives," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 459-464, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ya‐chin Wang & Leonard F.s. Wang, 2009. "Equivalence Of Competition Mode In A Vertically Differentiated Duopoly With Delegation," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(4), pages 577-590, December.
- Nicola Meccheri & Luciano Fanti, 2012.
"Managerial Delegation Schemes in a Duopoly with Endogenous Production Costs: A Comparison of Sales and Relative Profit Delegation under Centralised Unionisation,"
Working Paper series
44_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Nicola Meccheri & Luciano Fanti, 2012. "Managerial delegation schemes in a duopoly with endogenous production costs: a comparison of sales and relative profit delegation under centralised unionisation," Discussion Papers 2012/137, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Pei-Cheng Liao, 2010. "Discriminatory input pricing and strategic delegation," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(4), pages 263-276.
- Pei-Cheng Liao, 2014. "Strategic Delegation of Multiple Tasks," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1-2), pages 77-96, June.
- Corrado Benassi & Alessandra Chirco & Marcella Scrimitore, 2014. "Optimal manipulation rules in a mixed oligopoly," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 112(1), pages 61-84, May.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2008:i:6:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Beiner & Markus M. Schmid & Gabrielle Wanzenried, 2011.
"Product Market Competition, Managerial Incentives and Firm Valuation,"
European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 17(2), pages 331-366, March.
- Stefan Beiner & Markus Schmid & Gabrielle Wanzenried, 2004. "Product Market Competition, Managerial Inventives, and Firm Valuation," Diskussionsschriften dp0412, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca & Mammana, Cristiana & Michetti, Elisabetta, 2014. "Local and global dynamics in a duopoly with price competition and market share delegation," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 253-270.
- Cellini, Roberto & Lambertini, Luca & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P., 2020. "Strategic inattention, delegation and endogenous market structure," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 121(C).
- Neus, Werner & Stadler, Manfred, 2018. "Common holdings and strategic manager compensation: The case of an asymmetric triopoly," University of Tübingen Working Papers in Business and Economics 109, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, School of Business and Economics.
- Alessandra Chirco & Caterina Colombo & Marcella Scrimitore, 2014. "Organizational Structure and the Choice of Price versus Quantity in a Mixed Duopoly," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 521-542, December.
- Thijs Jansen & Arie van Lier & Arjen van Witteloostuijn, 2009. "On the impact of managerial bonus systems on firm profit and market competition: the cases of pure profit, sales, market share and relative profits compared," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(3), pages 141-153.
- Berr, Fabian, 2011. "Stackelberg equilibria in managerial delegation games," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(2), pages 251-262, July.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2008:i:16:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Colombo, Stefano & Scrimitore, Marcella, 2018. "Managerial delegation under capacity commitment: A tale of two sources," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 149-161.
- Aitor Ciarreta & Javier GarcÃaâ€ EnrÃquez, 2018. "Profitable Strategic Delegation With Conjectural Variations," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(2), pages 185-203, April.
- Nakamura, Yasuhiko, 2011. "Bargaining over managerial delegation contracts and merger incentives in an international oligopoly," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 47-61, March.
- Yasuhiko Nakamura, 2011. "Strategic managerial delegation and cross-border mergers," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 104(1), pages 49-89, September.
- Xingtang Wang & Leonard F.S. Wang, 2021. "External bargaining versus internal manipulation: A theory of managerial delegation," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 42(1), pages 134-142, January.
- Delbono, Flavio & Lambertini, Luca, 2020. "On the collusive nature of managerial contracts based on comparative performance," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 12-18.
- Juan Carlos Bárcena-Ruiz & F. Javier Casado-Izaga, 2005. "Spatial competition and the duration of managerial incentive contracts," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 29(2), pages 331-349, May.
- Werner Neus & Manfred Stadler & Maximiliane Unsorg, 2020.
"Market structure, common ownership, and coordinated manager compensation,"
Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 41(7), pages 1262-1268, October.
- Neus, Werner & Stadler, Manfred & Unsorg, Maximiliane, 2020. "Market structure, common ownership and coordinated manager compensation," University of Tübingen Working Papers in Business and Economics 133, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, School of Business and Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:mgtdec:v:23:y:2002:i:2:p:51-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/7976 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/7976 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.