Signaling the Strength of a Market Entrant
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1982.
"Limit Pricing and Entry under Incomplete Information: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 443-459, March.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1998. "Limit Pricing and Entry Under Incomplete Information: An Equilibrium Analysis," Levine's Working Paper Archive 245, David K. Levine.
- Riccardo Faini & Jaime Melo & Wendy Takacs, 1995.
"A Primer on the MFA Maze,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 113-135, January.
- de Melo, Jaime & Faini, Riccardo, 1992. "A Primer on the MFA Maze," CEPR Discussion Papers 716, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Faini, Riccardo & de Melo, Jaime & Takacs, Wendy, 1993. "A primer on the MFA maze," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1088, The World Bank.
- Faini, R. & Melo, J. de & Takacs, W., 1992. "A Primer on the MFA Maze," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 92.15, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Michele M. Veeman, 1997. "Marketing Boards: The Canadian Experience Revisited," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 45(4), pages 411-420, December.
- Michele M. Veeman, 1997. "Marketing Boards: The Canadian Experience Revisited," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1554-1562.
- Dan Kovenock & Raymond Deneckere & Tom Faith & Beth Allen, 2000.
"Capacity precommitment as a barrier to entry: A Bertrand-Edgeworth approach,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 15(3), pages 501-530.
- Beth Allen & Raymond Deneckere & Tom Faith & Dan Kovenock, 1994. "Capacity Precommitment as a Barrier to Entry:A Bertrand-Edgeworth Approach," Industrial Organization 9411002, EconWPA, revised 14 Nov 1994.
- Beth Allen & Raymond Deneckere & Tom Faith & Dan Kovenock, 1995. "Capacity precommitment as a barrier to entry: a Bertrand-Edgeworth approach," Staff Report 187, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Allen, B. & Deneckere, R. & Faith, T. & Kovenock, D., 1994. "Capacity Precommitment as a Barrier to Entry: A Bertrand-Edgeworth Approach," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1062, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Allen, B. & Deneckere, R. & Faith, T. & Kovenock, D., 1994. "Capacity Precommitment as a Barrier to Entry: A Bertrand- Engeworth Approach," Papers 9483, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- repec:fth:geneec:93.07 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kala Krishna & Ling Hui Tan, 1992. "License Price Paths: I. Theory II. Evidence from Hong Kong," NBER Working Papers 4237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kresimir Zigic, 2005. "Theory of Strategic Trade Policy in North–South Trade: Optimal Northern and Southern Tariffs in an Inherently Asymmetric Environment," CERGE-EI Books, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague, edition 1, number b04, March.
- Krishna, Kala & Tan, Ling Hui, 1999. "Transferable Licenses versus Nontransferable Licenses: What Is the Difference?," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 785-800, August.
- Cave, Jonathan & Salant, Stephen W, 1995. "Cartel Quotas under Majority Rule," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 82-102, March.
- Steve McCorriston, 1996. "Import Quota Licenses and Market Power," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 367-372.
- Saloner, Garth, 1985. "Excess capacity as a policing device," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 83-86.
- Philip L. Paarlberg & John G. Lee, 2001. "U.S. Trade Policy on Lamb Meat: Who Gets Fleeced?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 196-208.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
More about this item
KeywordsSignaling; Entry; Capacity;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2009-09-05 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CTA-2009-09-05 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-ENT-2009-09-05 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-IND-2009-09-05 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2009-09-05 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .