The Philippines on debt row
Heavy indebtedness and debt service payments, indicated by debt magnitudes and shares to national budgets, revenues, or outputs, mean that spending for public infrastructure and basic services is crowded out, even as they entail more borrowings in order to timely meet debt obligations. The failure to reduce indebtedness, improve national revenues, and raise incomes has contributed to the economic decrepitude of the Philippines. Debt relief is neces-sary to pull the country out of such a state of affairs.
|Date of creation:||01 Aug 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joseph Lim, 2008. "Central banking in the Philippines: from inflation targeting to financing development," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 271-285.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Manasan, Rosario G. & de Guzman, Generoso & Reyes, Celia M., 1999. "Social Impact of the Regional Financial Crisis in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 1999-14, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Seema Jayachandran & Michael Kremer, 2006.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 82-92, March.
- Lim, Joseph Y., 2000. "The Effects of the East Asian Crisis on the Employment of Women and Men: The Philippine Case," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1285-1306, July.
- Nedelyn Magtibay-Ramos & Gemma Estrada & Jesus Felipe, 2008. "An Input-Output Analysis of the Philippine BPO Industry," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 22(1), pages 41-56, 05.
- Robert S. Dohner & Ponciano Intal, Jr., 1989. "III: The Marcos Legacy: Economic Policy and Foreign Debt in the Philippines," NBER Chapters, in: Developing Country Debt and Economic Performance, Volume 3: Country Studies - Indonesia, Korea, Philippines, Turkey, pages 371-372 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baunsgaard, Thomas & Keen, Michael, 2010.
"Tax revenue and (or?) trade liberalization,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(9-10), pages 563-577, October.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Cororaton, Caesar B. & Guerrero, Margarita F., 1999. "Impacts of the Southeast Asian Financial Crisis on the Philippine Manufacturing Sector," Discussion Papers DP 1999-09, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz & M. Shahe Emran, 2004.
"Price Neutral Tax reform With an Informal Economy,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
493, Econometric Society.
- Manasan, Rosario G., 2007. "Financing the Millennium Development Goals: The Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2007-06, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Beja, Edsel Jr., 2006. "Capital Flight and the Hollowing Out of the Philippine Economy in the Neoliberal Regime," MPRA Paper 4830, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Léonce Ndikumana & James Boyce, 2002. "Africa’s Debt: Who Owes Whom?," Working Papers wp48, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Lim, Joseph Y., 2006. "Towards Financing the Millennium Development Goals of the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2006-23, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko, 2004. "Changes in Spatial Income Inequality in the Philippines: An Exploratory Analysis," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Beja, Edsel Jr., 2007. "Win or Lose, it’s the policy we choose: Comparative economic performance of the inflation targeters," MPRA Paper 4833, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Sep 2007.
- Joseph Hanlon, 2000. "How much debt must be cancelled?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 877-901.
- Rosario G. Manasan, 2007. "Financing the Millennium Development Goals : The Philippines," Development Economics Working Papers 21928, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16553. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.