Double jeopardy: Globalization, liberalization and the fiscal squeeze
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eichengreen, Barry & Rose, Andrew K & Wyplosz, Charles, 1996. "Contagious Currency Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 1453, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Rose, Andrew & Wyplosz, Charles, 1996. " Contagious Currency Crises: First Tests," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(4), pages 463-484, December.
- Alesina, Alberto & Perotti, Roberto, 1996. "Fiscal Discipline and the Budget Process," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 401-407, May.
- Jacobson, Louis S & LaLonde, Robert J & Sullivan, Daniel G, 1993.
"Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 685-709, September.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 92-11, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings losses of displaced workers," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 92-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Morris Goldstein, 1997.
"Case for an International Banking Standard, The,"
Peterson Institute Press: All Books,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa47.
- Morris Goldstein, 1997. "Case for an International Banking Standard, The," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa47, January.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1993. "Long-term earnings losses of high-seniority displaced workers," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Nov, pages 2-20.
- Dani Rodrik, 1998.
"Why Do More Open Economies Have Bigger Governments?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 997-1032, October.
- Dani Rodrik, 1996. "Why Do More Open Economies Have Bigger Governments?," NBER Working Papers 5537, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1996. "Why do More Open Economies Have Bigger Governments?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1388, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Poterba, James M, 1994.
"State Responses to Fiscal Crises: The Effects of Budgetary Institutions and Politics,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 799-821, August.
- James M. Poterba, 1993. "State Responses to Fiscal Crisis: The Effects of Budgetary Institutionsand Politics," NBER Working Papers 4375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1995. "The Political Economy of Budget Deficits," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Bhattacharya, A. & Linn, J.F., 1988. "Trade And Industrial Policies In The Developing Countries Of East Asia," World Bank - Discussion Papers 27, World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alcino F. Câmara Neto & Matias Vernengo, 2004.
"Fiscal policy and the Washington consensus: a Post Keynesian perspective,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 333-343.
- Alcino F. Câmara Neto & Matias Vernengo, 2004. "Fiscal Policy and the Washington Consensus: A Post Keynesian Perspective," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2004_09, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Günther G. Schulze & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 1999. "Globalisation of the Economy and the Nation State," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 295-352, May.
- J. Mohan Rao, 1999. "Globalization and the Fiscal Autonomy of the State," Working Papers wp25, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Winston Moore, 2014.
"Managing The Process Of Removing Capital Controls: What Does The Literature Suggest?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(2), pages 209-237, April.
- Moore, Winston, 2010. "Managing the Process of Removing Capital Controls: What Does the Literature Suggest?," MPRA Paper 21584, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eberhard Weber, 2012. "Economic reform, social development and conflict in India," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 207-230, August.
- Jolanta Galuszka, 2013. "The Fiscal Union As A Remedy For The Economic And Financial Crisis In The European Union," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 8(1), pages 49-67, March.
- Bohnet, Armin & Schratzenstaller, Margit, 2001. "Der Einfluss der Globalisierung auf staatliche Handlungsspielräume und die Zielverwirklichungsmöglichkeiten gesellschaftlicher Gruppen," Discussion Papers 2, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Thierry BAUDASSE, 2006. "Governance and Migration in a South-North Partnership : the Teaching of Economic Analysis," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 691, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Neumann, Rebecca & Holman, Jill & Alm, James, 2009. "Globalization and tax policy," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 193-211, August.
- Geoffrey R D Underhill & Xiaoke Zhang, 2006. "Norms, Legitimacy, and Global Financial Governance," WEF Working Papers 0013, ESRC World Economy and Finance Research Programme, Birkbeck, University of London.
- Francesca Gastaldi & Paolo Liberati, 2011. "Economic integration and government size: a review of the empirical literature," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 35(3), pages 327-384.
- Cagatay, Nilüfer. & Ertürk, Korkuk., 2004. "Gender and globalization : a macroeconomic perspective," ILO Working Papers 993709743402676, International Labour Organization.
- Kosack, Stephen & Tobin, Jennifer L., 2015. "Which Countries’ Citizens Are Better Off With Trade?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 95-113.
- Sanchez, Omar, 2003. "Globalization as a Development Strategy in Latin America?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1977-1995, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:26:y:1998:i:4:p:591-605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.