The internal limits to firms' nonmarket activities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:85:y:1991:i:03:p:851-874_17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J & Ordover, Janusz A, 1985. "Use of Antitrust to Subvert Competition," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(2), pages 247-265, May.
- Gordon Tullock, 1975. "The Transitional Gains Trap," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 671-678, Autumn.
- Teske, Paul E, 1991. "Rent-Seeking in the Deregulatory Environment: State Telecommunications," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 68(1-3), pages 235-243, January.
- MARA FACCIO & RONALD W. MASULIS & JOHN J. McCONNELL, 2006. "Political Connections and Corporate Bailouts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(6), pages 2597-2635, December.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Maxwell, 2004.
"Astroturf: Interest Group Lobbying and Corporate Strategy,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 561-597, December.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Maxwell, 2004. "Astroturf: Interest Group Lobbying and Corporate Strategy," Working Papers 2004-18, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Bonardi, Jean-Philippe & Holburn, Guy & Vanden Bergh, Rick, 2006. "Nonmarket performance: Evidence from U.S. electric utilities," MPRA Paper 14437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Clifford Winston, 1998. "U.S. Industry Adjustment to Economic Deregulation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 89-110, Summer.
- McCormick, Robert E & Shughart, William F, II & Tollison, Robert D, 1984. "The Disinterest in Deregulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 1075-1079, December.
- Mara Faccio, 2006. "Politically Connected Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 369-386, March.
- Pablo T. Spiller & Carlo G. Cardilli, 1997. "The Frontier of Telecommunications Deregulation: Small Countries Leading the Pack," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 127-138, Fall.
- Amacher, Ryan, et al, 1985. "The Behavior of Regulatory Activity over the Business Cycle: An Empirical Test," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(1), pages 7-19, January.
- Raymond Fisman, 2001. "Estimating the Value of Political Connections," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1095-1102, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carole RENTSCH & Matthias FINGER, 2014. "Yes, no, maybe: the ambiguous relationships between State-owned enterprises and States," Departmental Working Papers 2014-05, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Pei Sun & Kamel Mellahi & Mike Wright & Haoping Xu, 2015. "Political Tie Heterogeneity and the Impact of Adverse Shocks on Firm Value," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(8), pages 1036-1063, December.
- Bonardi Jean-Philippe & Urbiztondo Santiago, 2013. "Asset freezing, corporate political resources and the Tullock paradox," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 15(3), pages 275-293, October.
- David Eduardo Cavazos & Matthew A. Rutherford, 2017. "Applying firm attention theory to assess the antecedents of firm participation in regulatory processes," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 395-410, March.
- Ozer, Mine, 2010. "Top management teams and corporate political activity: Do top management teams have influence on corporate political activity?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 1196-1201, November.
- repec:spr:jbecon:v:88:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11573-017-0875-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNonmarket activities; lobbying; deregulation;
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- H00 - Public Economics - - General - - - General
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-04-13 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14500. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .