The level of human capital in innovative firms located in China. Is foreign capital relevant?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tam Vu & Byron Gangnes & Ilan Noy, 2008.
"Is foreign direct investment good for growth? Evidence from sectoral analysis of China and Vietnam,"
Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 542-562.
- Tam B. Vu & Byron Gangnes & Ilan Noy, 2008. "Is Foreign Direct Investment Good for Growth? Evidence from Sectoral Analysis of China and Vietnam," Working Papers 200801, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- K. C. Fung & Alicia Garcia-Herrero & Hitomi Iizaka & Alan Siu, 2005.
"Hard Or Soft? Institutional Reforms And Infrastructure Spending As Determinants Of Foreign Direct Investment In China,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 56(4), pages 408-416.
- Fung, K. C. & Garcia-Herrero, Alicia & Iizaka, Hitomi & Siu, Alan, 2005. "Hard or Soft? Institutional Reforms and Infrastructure Spending as Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in China," Santa Cruz Center for International Economics, Working Paper Series qt9377h519, Center for International Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Fung, K. C. & Garcia-Herrero, Alicia & Iizaka, Hitomi & Siu, Alan, 2005. "Hard or Soft? Institutional Reforms and Infrastructure Spending as Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in China," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt3w23p8c8, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Fung, K. C. & Garcia-Herrero, Alicia & Iizaka, Hitomi & Siu, Alan, 2005. "Hard or Soft? Institutional Reforms and Infrastructure Spending as Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in China," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt9377h519, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- K. C. Fung & Alicia García-Herrero & Hitomi Iizaka & Alan Siu, 2006. "Hard or Soft? Institutional Reforms and Infrastructure Spending as Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in China," Working Papers 0616, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Narula, Rajneesh & Marin, Anabel, 2003. "FDI spillovers, absorptive capacities and human capital development: evidence from Argentina," Research Memorandum 018, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ana Teresa Tavares & Aurora A. C. Teixeira, 2005. "Human Capital Intensity in Technology-Based Firms Located in Portugal: Do Foreign Multinationals Make a Difference?," FEP Working Papers 187, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Zhaoyong Zhang, 2002. "Productivity And Economic Growth: An Empirical Assessment Of The Contribution Of Fdi To The Chinese Economy," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 81-94, December.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2011.
"Geographic proximity and firm--university innovation linkages: evidence from Great Britain,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 11(6), pages 949-977, November.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2008. "Geographic Proximity and Firm-University Innovation Linkages: evidence from Great Britain," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/200, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2009. "Geographic proximity and firm-university innovation linkages: evidence from Great Britain," IFS Working Papers W09/03, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liu, Xiaohui & Wang, Chenggang, 2003. "Does foreign direct investment facilitate technological progress?: Evidence from Chinese industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 945-953, June.
- Ahmed, Shaghil & Ickes, Barry W. & Ping Wang & Byung Sam Yoo, 1993. "International Business Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 335-359, June.
- Liu, Xiaming & Parker, David & Vaidya, Kirit & Wei, Yingqi, 2001. "The impact of foreign direct investment on labour productivity in the Chinese electronics industry," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 421-439, August.
- Roger J. Calantone & Jeffrey B. Schmidt & X. Michael Song, 1996. "Controllable Factors of New Product Success: A Cross-National Comparison," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 341-358.
- Xu, Bin, 2000. "Multinational enterprises, technology diffusion, and host country productivity growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 477-493, August.
- Alejandro Ciruelos & Miao Wang, 2005. "International Technology Diffusion: Effects of Trade and FDI," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 33(4), pages 437-449, December.
- Aurora Teixeira, 2002. "On the Link between Human Capital and Firm Performance. A Theoretical and Empirical Survey," FEP Working Papers 121, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; Multinational firms; Human Capital; R&D; China;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2010-11-27 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-CWA-2010-11-27 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HRM-2010-11-27 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-INO-2010-11-27 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2010-11-27 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TRA-2010-11-27 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:391. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.