Health Care Services and Government Spending in Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Muhammad Akram & Faheem Jehangir Khan, 2007. "Health Care Services and Government Spending in Pakistan," Governance Working Papers 22184, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sakellariou, Chris & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2004. "Incidence analysis of public support to the private education sector in Cote d'Ivoire," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3231, The World Bank.
- Gemmell, Norman, 1985. "The Incidence of Government Expenditure and Redistribution in the United Kingdom," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 52(27), pages 335-344, August.
- Stephen D. Younger, 1999. "The Relative Progressivity of Social Services in Ecuador," Public Finance Review, , vol. 27(3), pages 310-352, May.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Verhoeven, Marijn & Tiongson, Erwin R., 2002. "The effectiveness of government spending on education and health care in developing and transition economies," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 717-737, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Syed Shujaat AHMED & Asif JAVED, 2017.
"The Effect of Public Sector Development Expenditures and Investment on Economic Growth: Evidence from Pakistan,"
Journal of Economics and Political Economy,
KSP Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 203-214, June.
- Syed, Shujaat Ahmed & Javed, Asif, 2017. "The Effect of Public Sector Development Expenditures and Investment on Economic Growth: Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 79137, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Syed Ahmed & Asif Javed, 2017. "The Effect of Public Sector Development Expenditures and Investment on Economic Growth: Evidence from Pakistan," Working Papers id:12237, eSocialSciences.
- Muhammad Qasim & Amatul Razzaq Chaudhary, 2015. "Determinants of Human Development Disparities: A Cross District Analysis of Punjab, Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 54(4), pages 427-446.
- Ather H. Akbari & Wimal Rankaduwa & Adiqa K. Kiani, 2009. "Demand for Public Health Care in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 48(2), pages 141-153.
- repec:rss:jnljee:v4i4p1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Uzma Afzal & Anam Yusuf, 2013. "The State of Health in Pakistan: An Overview," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(Special E), pages 233-247, September.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB), 2013. "Empowerment and Public Service Delivery in Developing Asia and the Pacific," ADB Reports RPT135565-3, Asian Development Bank (ADB), revised 15 May 2013.
- Haq, Rashida & Arshad, Nabeela, 2007. "Poverty and Access to Maternal Health Care Services in Pakistan: Evidence from Perception Based Data," MPRA Paper 38946, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Fatima Boussalem & Zina Boussalem & Abdelaziz Taiba, 2014. "The Relationship between public spending on health and economic growth in Algeria: Testing for Cointegration and Causality," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 0101004, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Ufaq Adeel, 2016. "Impact of Government Expenditure on Health Sector of Pakistan," Bulletin of Business and Economics (BBE), Research Foundation for Humanity (RFH), vol. 5(4), pages 177-192, December.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth; Expenditure; Public Policy; Gini; Concentration Coefficient; Mother and Child; Preventive Measures; Hospital and Clinics;
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-09-09 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2007-09-09 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2007-09-09 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:wpaper:2007:32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .