A Crook is a Crook … But is He Still a Crook Abroad? - On the Effect of Immigration on Destination-Country Corruption
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Rajeev K. Goel & Michael A. Nelson, 2005. "Economic Freedom Versus Political Freedom: Cross-Country Influences On Corruption ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 121-133, June.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Nelson, Michael A., 2010.
"Causes of corruption: History, geography and government,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 433-447, July.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Nelson, Michael A., 2008. "Causes of corruption : history, geography and government," BOFIT Discussion Papers 6/2008, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Dreher, Axel & Krieger, Tim & Meierrieks, Daniel, 2011. "Hit and (they will) run: The impact of terrorism on migration," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 42-46, October.
- Daniel Meierrieks & Thomas Gries, 2013. "Causality between terrorism and economic growth," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 50(1), pages 91-104, January.
- Herzfeld, Thomas & Weiss, Christoph, 2003. "Corruption and legal (in)effectiveness: an empirical investigation," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 621-632, September.
- Tavares, Jose, 2003. "Does foreign aid corrupt?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 99-106, April.
- Jakob Svensson, 2005. "Eight Questions about Corruption," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 19-42, Summer.
- Axel Dreher & Martin Gassebner & Lars-H.R. Siemers, 2007.
"Does Terror Threaten Human Rights? Evidence from Panel Data,"
KOF Working papers
07-156, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Axel Dreher & Martin Gassebner & Lars-H. R. Siemers, 2007. "Does Terror Threaten Human Rights? Evidence from Panel Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 1935, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:pdn:wpaper:67 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eugen Dimant & Tim Krieger & Daniel Meierrieks, 2013. "The effect of corruption on migration,1985--2000," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 1270-1274.
- repec:pdn:wpaper:79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Danila Serra, 2006. "Empirical determinants of corruption: A sensitivity analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 126(1), pages 225-256, January.
- repec:pdn:wpaper:70 is not listed on IDEAS
- Graeff, P. & Mehlkop, G., 2003. "The impact of economic freedom on corruption: different patterns for rich and poor countries," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 605-620, September.
- Stephen Knack & Omar Azfar, 2003. "Trade intensity, country size and corruption," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 1-18, April.
- Pedersen, Peder J. & Pytlikova, Mariola & Smith, Nina, 2008. "Selection and network effects--Migration flows into OECD countries 1990-2000," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 1160-1186, October.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747160 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abdiweli M. Ali & Hoden Said Isse, 2003. "Determinants of Economic Corruption: A Cross-Country Comparison," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 22(3), pages 449-466, Winter.
- repec:hrv:faseco:33077826 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dimant, Eugen & Schulte, Thorben, 2016. "The Nature of Corruption - An Interdisciplinary Perspective," MPRA Paper 69838, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:pdn:wpaper:70 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karama, Dalal, 2014. "Ease of Doing Business: Emphasis on Corruption and Rule of Law," MPRA Paper 58662, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:83-95 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCorruption; Migration; Impact of migration;
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pdn:ciepap:71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WP-WiWi-Info). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cipadde.html .