The Covered Interest Parity Puzzle and the Evolution of the Japan Premium
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric S., 2001.
"Determinants of the Japan premium: actions speak louder than words,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 283-305, April.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1998. "Determinants of the Japan premium: actions speak louder than words," Working Papers 98-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1999. "Determinants of the Japan Premium: Actions Speak Louder Than Words," NBER Working Papers 7251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stenfors, Alexis, 2018.
"Bid-ask spread determination in the FX swap market: Competition, collusion or a convention?,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 78-97.
- Alexis Stenfors, 2017. "Bid-Ask Spread Determination in the FX Swap Market: Competition, Collusion or a Convention?," Working Papers in Economics & Finance 2017-03, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth Business School, Economics and Finance Subject Group.
- Baba, Naohiko & Packer, Frank, 2009.
"From turmoil to crisis: Dislocations in the FX swap market before and after the failure of Lehman Brothers,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1350-1374, December.
- Naohiko Baba & Frank Packer, 2009. "From turmoil to crisis: dislocations in the FX swap market before and after the failure of Lehman Brothers," BIS Working Papers 285, Bank for International Settlements.
- Vladyslav Sushko & Claudio Borio & Robert Neil McCauley & Patrick McGuire, 2016. "The failure of covered interest parity: FX hedging demand and costly balance sheets," BIS Working Papers 590, Bank for International Settlements.
- Victoria Ivashina & David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 2015. "Dollar Funding and the Lending Behavior of Global Banks," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 130(3), pages 1241-1281.
- Dagfinn Rime & Andreas Schrimpf & Olav Syrstad, 2017.
"Segmented money markets and covered interest parity arbitrage,"
BIS Working Papers
651, Bank for International Settlements.
- Dagfinn Rime & Andreas Schrimpf & Olav Syrstad, 2017. "Segmented money markets and covered interest parity arbitrage," Working Paper 2017/15, Norges Bank.
- Ito, Takatoshi & Harada, Kimie, 2004. "Credit Derivatives Premium as a New Japan Premium," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(5), pages 965-968, October.
- David Woo & Akihiro Kanaya, 2000. "The Japanese Banking Crisis of the 1990's; Sources and Lessons," IMF Working Papers 00/7, International Monetary Fund.
- Alexis Stenfors, 2014. "LIBOR as a Keynesian Beauty Contest: A Process of Endogenous Deception," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 392-407, July.
- Frey, Bruno S., 1988. "Political economy and institutional choice," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 349-366.
- Stenfors, Alexis, 2014. "LIBOR deception and central bank forward (mis-)guidance: Evidence from Norway during 2007–2011," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 452-472.
- Tomoyuki Iida & Takeshi Kimura & Nao Sudo, 2016. "Regulatory Reforms and the Dollar Funding of Global Banks: Evidence from the Impact of Monetary Policy Divergence," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 16-E-14, Bank of Japan.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:52:y:2018:i:2:p:387-395 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsarbitrage; covered interest parity; financial crisis; FX swap market; Japan Premium; money market;
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F65 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Finance
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-11-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2018-11-26 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2018-11-26 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2018-11-26 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pbs:ecofin:2018-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ansgar Wohlschlegel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/depbsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.