Child Labour and Child Schooling in South Asia: A Cross Country Study of their Determinants
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaushik Basu, 1999.
"Child Labor: Cause, Consequence, and Cure, with Remarks on International Labor Standards,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1083-1119, September.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1998. "Child labor : cause, consequence, and cure, with remarks on International Labor Standards," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2027, The World Bank.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Cigno, Alessandro & Rosati, Furio C., 2000.
"Why do Indian Children Work, and is it Bad for Them?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
115, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alessandro Cigno & Furio C. Rosati, 2007. "Why do Indian Children Work, and is it Bad for Them?," Working Papers id:1252, eSocialSciences.
- Basu, Kaushik & Van, Pham Hoang, 1998. "The Economics of Child Labor," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 412-427, June.
- Sonia Bhalotra, 2003. "Child Labour in Africa," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 4, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heather Congdon Fors, 2012.
"Child Labour: A Review Of Recent Theory And Evidence With Policy Implications,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 570-593, September.
- Congdon Fors, Heather, 2008. "Child Labor: A Review of Recent Theory and Evidence with Policy Implications," Working Papers in Economics 324, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Ray, R., 2001.
"Simultaneous Analysis of Child Labour and Child Schooling: Comparative Evidence from Nepal and Pakistan,"
2001-04, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Ranjan Ray, 2001. "Simultaneous Analysis of Child Labour and Child Schooling: Comparative Evidence from Nepal and Pakistan," ASARC Working Papers 2001-10, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Jean-Pierre Lachaud, 2007. "Scolarisation et travail des enfants : Un modèle économétrique à régimes endogènes appliqué à Madagascar - 2001-2005," Documents de travail 134, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Mohammad Nashir Uddin & Mohammad Hamiduzzaman & Bernhard G. Gunter, 2009. "Physical and Psychological Implications of Risky Child Labor: A Study in Sylhet City, Bangladesh," Bangladesh Development Research Working Paper Series (BDRWPS) BDRWPS No. 8, Bangladesh Development Research Center (BDRC).
- Nkamleu, Guy Blaise & Fox, Louise, 2006. "Taking Stock of Research on Regional Migration in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 15112, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohajan, Haradhan, 2014. "Child Rights in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 58424, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Jan 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsChild Labour; Credit Constraints; Current School Attendance;
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- J7 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pas:asarcc:2001-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raghbendra Jha). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .