Physical and Psychological Implications of Risky Child Labor: A Study in Sylhet City, Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rasheda Khanam, 2008. "Child labour and school attendance: evidence from Bangladesh," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(1/2), pages 77-98, January.
- Kaushik Basu & Zafiris Tzannatos, 2003.
"The Global Child Labor Problem: What Do We Know and What Can We Do?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 147-173, December.
- Basu, Kaushik & Tzannatos, Zafiris, 2003. "The Global Child Labor Problem: What Do We Know and What Can We Do?," Working Papers 03-06, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Claire Salmon, 2005. "Child Labor in Bangladesh," Journal of Developing Societies, , vol. 21(1-2), pages 33-54, June.
- Patrick M. Emerson & Shawn D. Knabb, 2007. "Fiscal Policy, Expectation Traps, And Child Labor," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(3), pages 453-469, July.
- repec:mes:challe:v:42:y:1999:i:5:p:80-93 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kanchana N. Ruwanpura & Leanne Roncolato, 2006. "Child Rights: An Enabling or Disabling Right? The Nexus between Child Labor and Poverty in Bangladesh," Journal of Developing Societies, , vol. 22(4), pages 359-378, December.
- Khanam, Rasheda, 2005. "Child Labour in Bangladesh: Trends, Patterns and Policy Options," MPRA Paper 8008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ranjan Ray, 2001. "Child Labour and Child Schooling in South Asia: A Cross Country Study of their Determinants," ASARC Working Papers 2001-09, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Shahina Amin & M. Shakil Quayes & Janet M. Rives, 2004. "Poverty and Other Determinants of Child Labor in Bangladesh," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 876-892, April.
- Shafiq, M. Najeeb, 2007. "Household schooling and child labor decisions in rural Bangladesh," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 946-966, December.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 2000.
"Does Child Labour Displace Schooling? Evidence on Behavioural Responses to an Enrollment Subsidy,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 158-175, March.
- Ravallion, Martin*Wodon, Quentin, 1999. "Does child labor displace schooling? - evidence on behavioral responses to an enrollment subsidy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2116, The World Bank.
- M. Najeeb Shafiq, 2007. "Household Rates of Return to Education in Rural Bangladesh: Accounting for Direct Costs, Child Labour, and Option Value," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 343-358.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohajan, Haradhan, 2014. "Child Rights in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 58424, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Jan 2014.
- Norpoth, Johannes & Gross, Lukas & Aktar, Rahima, 2014. "Child Labour in Bangladesh - An Analysis of Gaps and Weaknesses of the Existing Legal Framework," IEE Working Papers 204, Institut fuer Entwicklungsforschung und Entwicklungspolitik, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum.
- Resmi Bhaskaran & Dev Nathan & Nicola Phillips & C. Upendranadh, 2013. "Vulnerable workers and labour standards (non-)compliance in global production networks: home-based child labour in Delhi’s garment sector," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2013-16, GDI, The University of Manchester.
More about this item
Keywordsrisky child labor; physical health; mental health; Bangladesh;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-10-03 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2009-10-03 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bnr:wpaper:8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernhard Gunter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/brdccus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.