The Effect Of Human And Financial Capital On The Entrepreneurial Process: An Urban-Rural Comparison Of Entrepreneurs In Indiana
Entrepreneurship is a crucial ingredient of economic growth and job creation. Small business start-ups are currently of great interest to many state and local governments including Indiana. With the growing need to stimulate small business development, it is necessary to understand the obstacles faced by entrepreneurs as they attempt to start a business. The results have implications for small business development and university related centers and how they design programs to effectively meet the needs of entrepreneurs participating in small business start-ups. More explicitly, the results show that targeting educational programs by socio-economic and demographic segments would have lead to a better chance of programming success
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 765 494-4191
Fax: 765 494-9176
Web page: http://www.agecon.purdue.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Acs, Zoltán J & Audretsch, David B & Evans, David S, 1994. "Why Does the Self-Employment Rate Vary Across Countries and Over Time?," CEPR Discussion Papers 871, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Taylor, Mark P, 1996. "Earnings, Independence or Unemployment: Why Become Self-Employed?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(2), pages 253-66, May.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998.
"What Makes an Entrepreneur?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
- Mark Henry & Mark Drabenstott & Lynn Gibson, 1986. "A changing rural America," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Jul, pages 23-41.
- Jason Henderson, 2002. "Building the rural economy with high-growth entrepreneurs," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 45-70.
- Schuetze, Herb J., 2000.
"Taxes, economic conditions and recent trends in male self-employment: a Canada-US comparison,"
Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 507-544, September.
- Herb J. Schuetze, . "Taxes, Economic Conditions And Recent Trends in Male Self-Employment: A Canada-U.S. Comparison," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 11, McMaster University.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-27, August.
- Max S. Wortman, 1990. "Rural entrepreneurship research: An integration into the entrepreneurship field," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 329-344.
- Zoltan J Acs & Catherine Armington, 2003. "Endogenous Growth and Entrepreneurial Activity in Cities," Working Papers 03-02, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-35, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pae:wpaper:06-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Debby Weber)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.