Building the rural economy with high-growth entrepreneurs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998. "What Makes an Entrepreneur?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
- Brian Dabson, 2001. "Supporting rural entrepreneurship," Proceedings – Rural and Agricultural Conferences, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Sep, pages 35-47.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-535, June.
- Edward J. Malecki, 2001. "Going digital in rural America," Proceedings – Rural and Agricultural Conferences, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Sep, pages 49-68.
- Robert L. Formaini, 2001. "The engine of capitalist process: entrepreneurs in economic theory," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q IV, pages 2-11.
- Deborah M. Markley, 2001. "Financing the new rural economy," Proceedings – Rural and Agricultural Conferences, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Sep, pages 69-80.
- Woo, Carolyn Y. & Cooper, Arnold C. & Dunkelberg, William C., 1991. "The development and interpretation of entrepreneurial typologies," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 93-114, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:jdexxx:v:22:y:2017:i:02:n:s1084946717500108 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Low & Jason Henderson & Stephan Weiler, 2005. "Gauging a region's entrepreneurial potential," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 61-89.
- Herrera-Echeverri, Hernán & Haar, Jerry & Estévez-Bretón, Juan Benavides, 2014.
"Foreign direct investment, institutional quality, economic freedom and entrepreneurship in emerging markets,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 67(9), pages 1921-1932.
- Hernan Herrera Echeverry & Jerry Haar & Juan Benavides Estévez-Bretón§, 2013. "Foreign Direct Investment, Institutional Quality, Economic Freedom and Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 011809, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Marshall, Maria I. & Samal, Ananya, 2006.
"The Effect of Human and Financial Capital on the Entrepreneurial Process: An Urban-Rural Comparison of Entrepreneurs in Indiana,"
2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA
21155, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Maria I. Marshall & Ananya Samal, 2006. "The Effect Of Human And Financial Capital On The Entrepreneurial Process: An Urban-Rural Comparison Of Entrepreneurs In Indiana," Working Papers 06-13, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Singh-Knights, Doolarie & Smith, Dennis K. & Budumuru, Yoganand, 2006. "Determinants of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Activity: A Two-Stage Regression Analysis," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21447, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Panizzon, Marion & Sieber-Gasser, Charlotte, 2010. "Legal Framework for Cross-Regional Networks: The Case of Services and Migration," Papers 98, World Trade Institute.
- Bologna, Jamie, 2014. "A Spatial Analysis of Entrepreneurship and Institutional Quality: Evidence from U.S. Metropolitan Areas," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 44(2).
- Garcia Alvarez-Coque, Jose-Maria & Lopez-Garcia Usach, T. & Sanchez Garcia, M., 2012. "Territory and innovation behaviour in agri-food firms: does rurality matter?," 126th Seminar, June 27-29, 2012, Capri, Italy 126030, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- María Jesús Rodríguez-Gulías & David Rodeiro-Pazos & Sara Fernández-López, 2016. "The Regional Effect on the Innovative Performance of University Spin-Offs: a Multilevel Approach," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 7(4), pages 869-889, December.
- Conley, Kelsey & Whitacre, Brian, 2015. "Does Broadband Matter for Rural Entrepreneurs or ‘Creative Class’ Employees?," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196832, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Russell Sobel & J. Clark & Dwight Lee, 2007. "Freedom, barriers to entry, entrepreneurship, and economic progress," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 20(4), pages 221-236, December.
- Maikudi Shehu Musawa & Eta Wahab, 2012. "The adoption of electronic data interchange (EDI) technology by Nigerian SMEs: A conceptual framework," E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics., E3 Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 055-068.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9781786343482_0001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Curtiss, Jarmila, 2012. "Determinants of Financial Capital Use: Review of theories and implications for rural businesses," Factor Markets Working Papers 123, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Egbetokun, A & Siyanbola, W & Olamade, O & Adeniyi, A & Irefin, I, 2008. "Innovation in Nigerian SMEs: types and impact," MPRA Paper 25338, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Marianna Markantoni & Sierdjan Koster & Dirk Strijker, 2014. "Side-activity entrepreneur: lifestyle or economically oriented?," Chapters,in: Agglomeration, Clusters and Entrepreneurship, chapter 7, pages 132-156 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Luminitaa Nicolescu & Irina Alina Popescu & Ciprian Nicolescu, 2013. "Romanian SMEs During the Crisis: Economic Results and Perceptions," Management, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 8(1), pages 5-19.
- Sobel, Russell S., 2008.
"Testing Baumol: Institutional quality and the productivity of entrepreneurship,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 641-655, November.
- Russell S. Sobel, 2006. "Testing Baumol: Institutional Quality and the Productivity of Entrepreneurship," Working Papers 06-06 Classification-, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Colino, Alberto & Benito-Osorio, Diana & Rueda-Armengot, Carlos, 2014. "Entrepreneurship culture, total factor productivity growth and technical progress: Patterns of convergence towards the technological frontier," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 349-359.
- repec:bla:afrdev:v:29:y:2017:i:2:p:259-271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jose Cadima Ribeiro & Jose Freitas Santos, 2006. "Regional Products, Regions' Reputation and Commercial Strategies: A Tale of Two Cheese Suppliers," ERSA conference papers ersa06p66, European Regional Science Association.
- Curtiss, Jarmila, 2012. "Determinants of Financial Capital Use: Review of theories and implications for rural businesses," Working Papers 122846, Factor Markets, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- David Devins & George Lodorfos & Ioannis Kostopoulos & Don Webber, 2017.
"Innovation And Growth In The City Region: Microeconomic Evidence Of Asymmetries,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Promoting Innovation in New Ventures and Small- and Medium-Sized Enterprises, chapter 1, pages 3-27
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- David Devins & George Lodorfos & Ioannis Kostopoulos & Don Webber, 2016. "Innovation And Growth In The City Region: Microeconomic Evidence Of Asymmetries," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(02), pages 1-25, February.
- Sobel, Russell S. & King, Kerry A., 2008. "Does school choice increase the rate of youth entrepreneurship?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 429-438, August.
More about this item
KeywordsRural areas ; Rural development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:2002:i:qiii:p:45-70:n:v.87no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LDayrit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.