Migration and Remittances in Macedonia : A Review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ali Mansoor & Bryce Quillin, 2007. "Migration and Remittances : Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6920.
- Boeri, Tito & Brücker, Herbert, 2005. "Migration, Co-ordination Failures and EU Enlargement," IZA Discussion Papers 1600, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Talip Kilic & Calogero Carletto & Benjamin Davis & Alberto Zezza, 2009. "Investing back home," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 17(3), pages 587-623, July.
- Louka T. Katseli & Robert E.B. Lucas & Theodora Xenogiani, 2006. "Effects of Migration on Sending Countries: What Do We Know?," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 250, OECD Publishing.
- Ray Barrell & John Fitzgerald & Rebecca Riley, 2010.
"EU Enlargement and Migration: Assessing the Macroeconomic Impacts,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 373-395, March.
- Ray Barrell & John FitzGerald & Rebecca Riley, 2007. "EU Enlargement and Migration: Assessing the Macroeconomic Impacts," Papers WP203, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Rebecca Riley & Ray Barrell, 2007. "EU enlargement and migration: Assessing the macroeconomic impacts," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 292, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Nicholas P. Glytsos, 1997. "Remitting Behaviour of "Temporary" and "Permanent" Migrants: The Case of Greeks in Germany and Australia," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 11(3), pages 409-435, November.
- repec:nsr:niesrd:292 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kuckulenz, Anja & Buch, Claudia M., 2004. "Worker Remittances and Capital Flows to Developing Countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-31, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Neagu, Ileana Cristina & Özden, Çaglar, 2008.
"Brain waste? Educated immigrants in the US labor market,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 255-269, October.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Neagu, Ileana Cristina & Ozden, Caglar, 2005. "Brain waste? Educated immigrants in the U.S. labor market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3581, The World Bank.
- Jean-Paul Azam & Flore Gubert, 2006. "Migrants' Remittances and the Household in Africa: A Review of Evidence," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 15(2), pages 426-462, December.
- Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2002.
"Inducing human capital formation: migration as a substitute for subsidies,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 29-46, October.
- Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2001. "Inducing Human Capital Formation: Migration as a Substitute for Subsidies," Economics Series 100, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Brian Roberts & Malgorzata Markiewitz & Marjan Nikolov & Aleksandar Stojkov, 2008. "A Study On Determinants And Trends In Remittance Flows In Macedonia," Journal Articles, Center For Economic Analyses, pages 41-61, June.
- Farchy, Emily, 2009. "The impact of EU accession on human capital formation : can migration fuel a brain gain ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4845, The World Bank.
- Alexei P Kireyev, 2006. "The Macroeconomics of Remittances; The Case of Tajikistan," IMF Working Papers 06/2, International Monetary Fund.
- Miguel León-Ledesma & Matloob Piracha, 2001. "International Migration and the Role of Remittances in Eastern Europe," Studies in Economics 0113, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Catherine Y. Co & Ira N. Gang & Myeong-Su Yun, 2000. "Returns to returning," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(1), pages 57-79.
- Frigyes Ferdinand Heinz & Melanie Ward-Warmedinger, 2006. "Cross-border labour mobility within an enlarged EU," Occasional Paper Series 52, European Central Bank.
- Lundborg, Per & Rechea, Calin, 2002. "Will Transition Countries Benefit or Lose from the Brain Drain?," Working Paper Series 187, Trade Union Institute for Economic Research.
- Dalia S Hakura & Ralph Chami & Peter J Montiel, 2009. "Remittances; An Automatic Output Stabilizer?," IMF Working Papers 09/91, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marjan Petreski & Nikica Mojsoska-Blazevski & Maja Ristovska & Edi Smokvarski, 2014. "Youth Self-Employment in Households Receiving Remittances in Macedonia," Working Papers PMMA 2014-08, PEP-PMMA.
- Marjan Petreski & Blagica Petreski, 2015.
"Dissatisfied, feeling unequal and inclined to emigrate: Perceptions from Macedonia in a MIMIC model,"
Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 12(3), pages 300-314, September.
- Petreski, Marjan & Petreski, Blagica, 2015. "Dissatisfied, feeling unequal and inclined to emigrate: Perceptions from Macedonia in a MIMIC model," MPRA Paper 61047, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- International Monetary Fund, 2014. "Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 14/232, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsMacedonia; migration; remittances;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIG-2010-04-17 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-TRA-2010-04-17 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ost:wpaper:281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kseniia Gatskova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/osteide.html .