You sneeze, you lose: The impact of pollen exposure on cognitive performance during high-stakes high school exams
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanna, Rema & Oliva, Paulina, 2015.
"The effect of pollution on labor supply: Evidence from a natural experiment in Mexico City,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 68-79.
- Rema Hanna & Paulina Oliva, 2011. "The Effect of Pollution on Labor Supply: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Mexico City," CID Working Papers 225, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Rema Hanna & Paulina Oliva, 2011. "The Effect of Pollution on Labor Supply: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Mexico City," NBER Working Papers 17302, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcotte, Dave E., 2015.
"Allergy test: Seasonal allergens and performance in school,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 132-140.
- Marcotte, Dave E., 2014. "Allergy Test: Seasonal Allergens and Performance in School," IZA Discussion Papers 8544, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Joshua Graff Zivin & Matthew Neidell, 2014.
"Temperature and the Allocation of Time: Implications for Climate Change,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 1-26.
- Joshua Graff Zivin & Matthew J. Neidell, 2010. "Temperature and the Allocation of Time: Implications for Climate Change," NBER Working Papers 15717, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Falch, Torberg & Naper, Linn Renée, 2013.
"Educational evaluation schemes and gender gaps in student achievement,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 12-25.
- Torberg Falch & Linn Renée Naper, 2011. "Educational Evaluation Schemes and Gender Gaps in Student Achievement," Working Paper Series 11311, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Joshua Graff Zivin & Matthew Neidell, 2012. "The Impact of Pollution on Worker Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(7), pages 3652-3673, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Xi & Zhang, Xiaobo & Zhang, Xin, 2017.
"Smog in Our Brains: Gender Differences in the Impact of Exposure to Air Pollution on Cognitive Performance,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10628, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chen, Xi & Zhang, Xiaobo & Zhang, Xin, 2017. "Smog in Our Brains: Gender Differences in the Impact of Exposure to Air Pollution on Cognitive Performance," GLO Discussion Paper Series 32, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Daniel L. Mendoza & Cheryl S. Pirozzi & Erik T. Crosman & Theodore G. Liou & Yue Zhang & Jessica J. Cleeves & Stephen C. Bannister & William R. L. Anderegg & Robert Paine III, 2020. "Absentee and Economic Impact of Low-Level Fine Particulate Matter and Ozone Exposure in K-12 Students," Papers 2007.09230, arXiv.org.
- Simon Søbstad Bensnes, 2016. "Preparation time, exam scores, and tertiary education," Working Paper Series 17216, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Chen, Xi & Zhang, Xiaobo & Zhang, Xin, 2017. "Smog in our brains: Gender differences in the impact of exposure to air pollution on cognitive performance in China," IFPRI discussion papers 1619, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsHigh school; test score; graduation; pollen; allergic rhinitis; hay fever;
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2015-09-26 (Education)
- NEP-NEU-2015-09-26 (Neuroeconomics)
- NEP-URE-2015-09-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nst:samfok:16615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Larsen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isontno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.