Reconciling the original Schumpeterian Model with the observed inverted-U relationship between competition and innovation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Roberto Bonfatti & Luis A. Bryce Campodonico & Luigi Pisano, 2018. "Reconciling the Original Schumpeterian Model with the Observed Inverted-U Relationship between Competition and Innovation," CESifo Working Paper Series 6948, CESifo.
References listed on IDEAS
- Annamaria Conti & Marie Thursby & Frank T. Rothaermel, 2013.
"Show Me the Right Stuff: Signals for High‐Tech Startups,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 341-364, June.
- Annamaria Conti & Marie C. Thursby & Frank Rothaermel, 2011. "Show Me the Right Stuff: Signals for High Tech Startups," NBER Working Papers 17050, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aamir Rafique Hashmi, 2013. "Competition and Innovation: The Inverted-U Relationship Revisited," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1653-1668, December.
- Michael Polder & Erik Veldhuizen, 2012. "Innovation and Competition in the Netherlands: Testing the Inverted-U for Industries and Firms," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 67-91, March.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Thomas M. Eisenbach & Yuliy Sannikov, 2012. "Macroeconomics with Financial Frictions: A Survey," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000384, David K. Levine.
- John Scott, 2009. "Competition in Research and Development: A Theory for Contradictory Predictions," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 34(2), pages 153-171, March.
- Michael Peneder & Martin Woerter, 2014.
"Competition, R&D and innovation: testing the inverted-U in a simultaneous system,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 653-687, July.
- Michael Peneder & Martin Wörter, 2013. "Competition, R&D and Innovation: Testing the Inverted-U in a Simultaneous System," WIFO Working Papers 448, WIFO.
- Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), 2014. "Handbook of Economic Growth," Handbook of Economic Growth, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 2, number 2.
- Ferdinand Rauch, 2008. "An explanation for the inverted-U relationship between competition and innovation," Vienna Economics Papers 0813, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- David R. Skeie, 2007. "Vesting and control in venture capital contracts," Staff Reports 297, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Boubacar Diallo & Wilfried Koch, 2018. "Bank Concentration and Schumpeterian Growth: Theory and International Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 100(3), pages 489-501, July.
- Bryce Campodonico, Luis A. & Bonfatti, Roberto & Pisano, Luigi, 2016. "Tax policy and the financing of innovation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 32-46.
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation; Competition; Schumpeterian Model of Growth; Asymmetric Information;
- O38 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2018-04-02 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-FDG-2018-04-02 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-INO-2018-04-02 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2018-04-02 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notgep:18/03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Hughes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgnotuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.