Reconciling the original Schumpeterian Model with the observed inverted-U relationship between competition and innovation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Roberto Bonfatti & Luis A. Bryce Campodonico & Luigi Pisano, 2018. "Reconciling the Original Schumpeterian Model with the Observed Inverted-U Relationship between Competition and Innovation," CESifo Working Paper Series 6948, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Annamaria Conti & Marie Thursby & Frank T. Rothaermel, 2013.
"Show Me the Right Stuff: Signals for High-Tech Startups,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 341-364, June.
- Annamaria Conti & Marie C. Thursby & Frank Rothaermel, 2011. "Show Me the Right Stuff: Signals for High Tech Startups," NBER Working Papers 17050, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aamir Rafique Hashmi, 2013.
"Competition and Innovation: The Inverted-U Relationship Revisited,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1653-1668, December.
- Aamir Rafique Hashmi, 2011. "Competition and Innovation: The Inverted-U Relationship Revisited," Departmental Working Papers wp1101, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Michael Polder & Erik Veldhuizen, 2012. "Innovation and Competition in the Netherlands: Testing the Inverted-U for Industries and Firms," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 67-91, March.
- Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), 2014. "Handbook of Economic Growth," Handbook of Economic Growth, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 2, number 2.
- Ferdinand Rauch, 2008. "An explanation for the inverted-U relationship between competition and innovation," Vienna Economics Papers 0813, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Bryce Campodonico, Luis A. & Bonfatti, Roberto & Pisano, Luigi, 2016. "Tax policy and the financing of innovation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 32-46.
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation; Competition; Schumpeterian Model of Growth; Asymmetric Information;
- O38 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-04-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2018-04-02 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-FDG-2018-04-02 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-INO-2018-04-02 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2018-04-02 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notgep:18/03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Hughes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgnotuk.html .