Show Me the Right Stuff: Signals for High Tech Startups
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Annamaria Conti & Marie Thursby & Frank T. Rothaermel, 2013. "Show Me the Right Stuff: Signals for High-Tech Startups," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 341-364, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ashish Arora & Marco Ceccagnoli, 2006. "Patent Protection, Complementary Assets, and Firms' Incentives for Technology Licensing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(2), pages 293-308, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edelman, Linda F. & Manolova, Tatiana & Shirokova, Galina & Tsukanova, Tatyana, 2016. "The impact of family support on young entrepreneurs' start-up activities," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 428-448.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:127:y:2018:i:c:p:154-165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Wei, 2015. "R&D investment and distress risk," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 94-114.
- Hanna Hottenrott & Bronwyn H. Hall & Dirk Czarnitzki, 2016.
"Patents as quality signals? The implications for financing constraints on R&D,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 197-217, April.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Hall, Bronwyn H. & Hottenrott, Hanna, 2014. "Patents as quality signals? The implications for financing constraints on R&D," DICE Discussion Papers 133, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Hottenrott H. & Czarnitzki D. & Hall, B.H., 2014. "Patents as quality signals? The implications for financing constraints on R&D," MERIT Working Papers 013, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Bronwyn Hall, 2014. "Patents as Quality Signals? The Implications for Financing Constraints on R&D," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 430, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Bronwyn H. Hall & Hanna Hottenrott, 2014. "Patents as Quality Signals? The Implications for Financing Constraints on R&D," NBER Working Papers 19947, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Hall, Bronwyn H. & Hottenrott, Hanna, 2014. "Patents as quality signals? The implications for financing constraints on R&D," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-023, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Patrick Gaule, 2015. "Patents and the Success of Venture-Capital Backed Startups: Using Examiner Assignment to Estimate Causal Effects," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp546, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Zunino, Diego & van Praag, Mirjam C. & Dushnitsky, Gary, 2017.
"Badge of Honor or Scarlet Letter? Unpacking Investors' Judgment of Entrepreneurs' Past Failure,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11017, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dushnitsky, Gary & van Praag, Mirjam & Zunino, Diego, 2017. "Badge of Honor or Scarlet Letter? Unpacking Investors' Judgment of Entrepreneurs' Past Failure," CEPR Discussion Papers 12329, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Diego Zunino & Mirjam (C.M.) van Praag & Gary Dushnitsky, 2017. "Badge of Honor or Scarlet Letter? Unpacking Investors' Judgment of Entrepreneurs' Past Failure," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-085/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Roberto Bonfatti & Luis A. Bryce Campodonico & Luigi Pisano, 2018. "Reconciling the original Schumpeterian Model with the observed inverted-U relationship between competition and innovation," Discussion Papers 2018-03, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- repec:spr:jbecon:v:88:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11573-017-0874-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Comino, Stefano & Graziano, Clara, 2015.
"How many patents does it take to signal innovation quality?,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 66-79.
- Stefano Comino & Clara Graziano, 2014. "How Many Patents Does it Take to Signal Innovation Quality?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4840, CESifo Group Munich.
- Annamaria Conti & Jerry Thursby & Marie Thursby, 2013. "Patents as Signals for Startup Financing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 592-622, September.
- Miozzo, Marcela & DiVito, Lori, 2016. "Growing fast or slow?: Understanding the variety of paths and the speed of early growth of entrepreneurial science-based firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 964-986.
- Hoenig, Daniel & Henkel, Joachim, 2015. "Quality signals? The role of patents, alliances, and team experience in venture capital financing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 1049-1064.
- Farre-Mensa, Joan & Hegde, Deepak & Ljungqvist, Alexander P., 2016. "The Bright Side of Patents," CEPR Discussion Papers 11091, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lahr, Henry & Mina, Andrea, 2016. "Venture capital investments and the technological performance of portfolio firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 303-318.
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 2018. "Is There a Role for Patents in the Financing of Innovative Firms?," NBER Working Papers 24370, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manolova, T. & Shirokova, G. & Tsukanova, T. & Edelman, L., 2014. "The impact of family support on young nascent entrepreneurs's start-up activities: A family embeddedness perspective," Working Papers 6381, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
- Hoenen, Sebastian & Kolympiris, Christos & Schoenmakers, Wilfred & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas, 2014. "The diminishing signaling value of patents between early rounds of venture capital financing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 956-989.
- Haeussler, Carolin & Harhoff, Dietmar & Mueller, Elisabeth, 2014. "How patenting informs VC investors – The case of biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 1286-1298.
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:9:p:1606-1628 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joern H. Block & Christian O. Fisch & Mirjam van Praag, 2016. "The Schumpeterian Entrepreneur: A Review of the Empirical Evidence on the Antecedents, Behavior, and Consequences of Innovative Entrepreneurship," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-072/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2011-05-24 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-CTA-2011-05-24 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-ENT-2011-05-24 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2011-05-24 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2011-05-24 (Intellectual Property Rights)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:17050. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.