Bundling and Tying
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1984. "Gaussian Demand and Commodity Bundling," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 211-230, January.
- Abraham L. Wickelgren, 2007. "Bundled Discounts, Leverage Theory, and Downstream Competition," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 370-383.
- Bruce Kobayashi, 2005. "The Economics of Loyalty Rebates and Antitrust Law in the United States," CPI Journal, Competition Policy International, vol. 1.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982. "Commodity Bundling by Single-Product Monopolies," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(1), pages 67-71, April.
- Nicholas Economides, 2009. "Loyalty/Requirement Rebates and the Antitrust Modernization Commission: What is the Appropriate Liability Standard?," Working Papers 09-02, NET Institute, revised Mar 2009.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Patrick Greenlee & Michael Waldman, 2008. "Assessing the Anticompetitive Effects of Multiproduct Pricing," NBER Working Papers 14199, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Whinston, Michael D, 1990. "Tying, Foreclosure, and Exclusion," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 837-859, September.
- Jin Li & Niko Matouschek & Michael Powell, 2017. "Power Dynamics in Organizations," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 217-241, February.
- Greenlee, Patrick & Reitman, David & Sibley, David S., 2008. "An antitrust analysis of bundled loyalty discounts," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1132-1152, September.
- Barry Nalebuff, 2009. "Price Discrimination and Welfare," CPI Journal, Competition Policy International, vol. 5.
- Timothy J. Brennan, 2008. "Bundled Rebates As Exclusion Rather Than Predation," Journal of Competition Law and Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 335-374.
- Einer R. Elhauge (ed.), 2012. "Research Handbook on the Economics of Antitrust Law," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13268, July.
- David Spector, 2005.
"Loyalty Rebates: An Assessment of Competition Concerns and a Proposed Structured Rule of Reason,"
CPI Journal, Competition Policy International, vol. 1.
- David Spector, 2005. "Loyalty Rebates: An Assessment of Competition Concerns and a Proposed Structured Rule of Reason," Post-Print halshs-00754113, HAL.
- Emilio Espino & Julian Kozlowski & Juan M. Sanchez, 2013.
"Too big to cheat: Efficiency and Investment in Partnerships,"
2013-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 17 Jul 2015.
- Julian Kozlowski & Juan Sanchez & Emilio Espino, 2015. "Too Big to Cheat: Efficiency and Investment in Partnerships," 2015 Meeting Papers 1308, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Barry Nalebuff, 2004. "Bundling as an Entry Barrier," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 159-187.
More about this item
Keywordstying; ties; bundling; bundled rebates; loyalty discounts; loyalty requirement rebates; single monopoly surplus; monopolization; market power; foreclosure; antitrust;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2014-11-01 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2014-11-01 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MKT-2014-11-01 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:1422. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.