The Short-Run Effects of GDPR on Technology Venture Investment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William R. Kerr & Josh Lerner & Antoinette Schoar, 2014. "The Consequences of Entrepreneurial Finance: Evidence from Angel Financings," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(1), pages 20-55, January.
- Pagano, Marco & Jappelli, Tullio, 1993. "Information Sharing in Credit Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1693-1718, December.
- Lerner, Josh & Schoar, Antoinette & Sokolinski, Stanislav & Wilson, Karen, 2018. "The globalization of angel investments: Evidence across countries," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(1), pages 1-20.
- Djankov, Simeon & McLiesh, Caralee & Shleifer, Andrei, 2007.
"Private credit in 129 countries,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 299-329, May.
- Simeon Djankov & Caralee McLiesh & Andrei Shleifer, 2005. "Private Credit in 129 Countries," NBER Working Papers 11078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Djankov, Simeon & McLiesh, Caralee, 2007. "Private credit in 129 countries?," Scholarly Articles 27867134, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Krasteva, Silvana & Sharma, Priyanka & Wagman, Liad, 2015. "The 80/20 rule: Corporate support for innovation by employees," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 32-43.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine E. Tucker, 2011. "Privacy Regulation and Online Advertising," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(1), pages 57-71, January.
- Doblas-Madrid, Antonio & Minetti, Raoul, 2013. "Sharing information in the credit market: Contract-level evidence from U.S. firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 198-223.
- Aaron Chatterji & Solène Delecourt & Sharique Hasan & Rembrand M. Koning, 2018. "When Does Advice Impact Startup Performance?," NBER Working Papers 24789, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Karen Palmer, 1997.
"Environmental Regulation And Innovation: A Panel Data Study,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 610-619, November.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Karen Palmer, 1996. "Environmental Regulation and Innovation: A Panel Data Study," NBER Working Papers 5545, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Samuel Kortum & Josh Lerner, 2000. "Assessing the Contribution of Venture Capital to Innovation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(4), pages 674-692, Winter.
- Amalia R. Miller & Catherine Tucker, 2009.
"Privacy Protection and Technology Diffusion: The Case of Electronic Medical Records,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(7), pages 1077-1093, July.
- Catherine Tucker & Amalia Miller, 2007. "Privacy Protection and Technology Diffusion: The Case of Electronic Medical Records," Working Papers 07-16, NET Institute, revised Sep 2007.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2004.
"How Much Should We Trust Differences-In-Differences Estimates?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 249-275.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "How Much Should We Trust Differences-in-Differences Estimates?," NBER Working Papers 8841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jun Qian & Philip E. Strahan, 2007.
"How Laws and Institutions Shape Financial Contracts: The Case of Bank Loans,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(6), pages 2803-2834, December.
- Jun Qian & Philip E. Strahan, 2005. "How Law and Institutions Shape Financial Contracts: The Case of Bank Loans," NBER Working Papers 11052, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandro Acquisti & Curtis Taylor & Liad Wagman, 2016. "The Economics of Privacy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 54(2), pages 442-492, June.
- Jentzsch, Nicola, 2016. "State-of-the-Art of the Economics of Cyber-Security and Privacy," EconStor Research Reports 126223, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Amalia R. Miller & Catherine E. Tucker, 2011. "Can Health Care Information Technology Save Babies?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(2), pages 289-324.
- Andrew Hertzberg & José María Liberti & Daniel Paravisini, 2011. "Public Information and Coordination: Evidence from a Credit Registry Expansion," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(2), pages 379-412, April.
- Hoel, Michael & Iversen, Tor, 2002.
"Genetic testing when there is a mix of compulsory and voluntary health insurance,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 253-270, March.
- Michael Hoel & Tor Iversen, 2001. "Genetic Testing When There is a Mix of Compulsory and Voluntary Health Insurance," CESifo Working Paper Series 495, CESifo.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco, 2002.
"Information sharing, lending and defaults: Cross-country evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(10), pages 2017-2045, October.
- Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano, 1999. "Information Sharing, Lending and Defaults: Cross-Country Evidence," CSEF Working Papers 22, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco, 1999. "Information Sharing, Lending and Defaults: Cross-Country Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2184, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John Haltiwanger & Ron S. Jarmin & Javier Miranda, 2013. "Who Creates Jobs? Small versus Large versus Young," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(2), pages 347-361, May.
- James Campbell & Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2015. "Privacy Regulation and Market Structure," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 47-73, March.
- Jin-Hyuk Kim & Liad Wagman, 2015. "Screening incentives and privacy protection in financial markets: a theoretical and empirical analysis," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 46(1), pages 1-22, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naudé, Wim, 2019.
"The Race against the Robots and the Fallacy of the Giant Cheesecake: Immediate and Imagined Impacts of Artificial Intelligence,"
IZA Discussion Papers
12218, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Naude, Wim, 2019. "The race against the robots and the fallacy of the giant cheesecake: Immediate and imagined impacts of artificial intelligence," MERIT Working Papers 2019-005, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Koski, Heli & Valmari, Nelli, 2020. "Short-term Impacts of the GDPR on Firm Performance," ETLA Working Papers 77, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
More about this item
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:25248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.