Privacy and Innovation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Alessandro Acquisti & Hal R. Varian, 2005. "Conditioning Prices on Purchase History," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 367-381, May.
- Agha, Leila, 2014. "The effects of health information technology on the costs and quality of medical care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 19-30.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2011. "Online Display Advertising: Targeting and Obtrusiveness," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(3), pages 389-404, 05-06.
- Catherine Tucker, 2010. "Social Networks, Personalized Advertising, and Privacy Controls," Working Papers 10-07, NET Institute.
- Randall Lewis & Justin M. Rao & David H. Reiley, 2015.
"Measuring the Effects of Advertising: The Digital Frontier,"
NBER Chapters,in: Economic Analysis of the Digital Economy, pages 191-218
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall Lewis & Justin M. Rao & David H. Reiley, 2013. "Measuring the Effects of Advertising: The Digital Frontier," NBER Working Papers 19520, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin Hermalin & Michael Katz, 2006. "Privacy, property rights and efficiency: The economics of privacy as secrecy," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 209-239, September.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine E. Tucker, 2011. "Privacy Regulation and Online Advertising," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(1), pages 57-71, January.
- Amalia R. Miller & Catherine E. Tucker, 2011. "Encryption and the loss of patient data," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(3), pages 534-556, June.
- James Campbell & Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2015. "Privacy Regulation and Market Structure," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 47-73, March.
- Amalia R. Miller & Catherine Tucker, 2009.
"Privacy Protection and Technology Diffusion: The Case of Electronic Medical Records,"
INFORMS, vol. 55(7), pages 1077-1093, July.
- Catherine Tucker & Amalia Miller, 2007. "Privacy Protection and Technology Diffusion: The Case of Electronic Medical Records," Working Papers 07-16, NET Institute, revised Sep 2007.
- David S. Evans, 2009. "The Online Advertising Industry: Economics, Evolution, and Privacy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 37-60, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yi Qian & Hui Xie, 2013. "Drive More Effective Data-Based Innovations: Enhancing the Utility of Secure Databases," NBER Working Papers 19586, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Avi Goldfarb, 2014. "What is Different About Online Advertising?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 44(2), pages 115-129, March.
- Ajay Agrawal & Joshua Gans & Avi Goldfarb, 2019.
"Economic Policy for Artificial Intelligence,"
Innovation Policy and the Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 139-159.
- Ajay K. Agrawal & Joshua S. Gans & Avi Goldfarb, 2018. "Economic Policy for Artificial Intelligence," NBER Working Papers 24690, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Avi Goldfarb & Joshua Gans & Ajay Agrawal, 2018. "Economic Policy for Artificial Intelligence," Working Papers id:12798, eSocialSciences.
- Ajay K. Agrawal & Joshua S. Gans & Avi Goldfarb, 2018. "Economic Policy for Artificial Intelligence," Working Papers id:12823, eSocialSciences.
- Taylor, Curtis & Wagman, Liad, 2014. "Consumer privacy in oligopolistic markets: Winners, losers, and welfare," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 80-84.
- Anja Lambrecht & Avi Goldfarb & Alessandro Bonatti & Anindya Ghose & Daniel Goldstein & Randall Lewis & Anita Rao & Navdeep Sahni & Song Yao, 2014. "How do firms make money selling digital goods online?," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 331-341, September.
More about this item
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O38 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ipolec:doi:10.1086/663156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/IPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.