Who Should Supervise? The Structure of Bank Supervision and the Performance of the Financial System
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marc Quintyn & Michael W. Taylor, 2003.
"Regulatory and Supervisory Independence and Financial Stability,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 49(2), pages 259-294.
- Michael W Taylor & Marc G Quintyn, 2002. "Regulatory and Supervisory Independence and Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 02/46, International Monetary Fund.
- Masciandaro, Donato & Quintyn, Marc & Taylor, Michael W., 2008. "Inside and outside the central bank: Independence and accountability in financial supervision: Trends and determinants," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 833-848, December.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises; A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Dirk Schoenmaker, 1992. "Institutional Separation between Supervisory and Monetary Agencies," FMG Special Papers sp52, Financial Markets Group.
- Capie, Forrest & Goodhart, Charles, 1995. "Central banks, macro policy, and the financial system; the nineteenth and twentieth centuries," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 145-161, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masciandaro, Donato & Romelli, Davide, 2015. "Ups and downs of central bank independence from the Great Inflation to the Great Recession: theory, institutions and empirics," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 259-289, December.
- Donato Masciandaro & Davide Romelli, 2015. "Ups and Downs. Central Bank Independence from the Great Inflation to the Great Recession: Theory, Institutions and Empirics," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1503, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Christopher Gandrud, 2013. "The diffusion of financial supervisory governance ideas," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 881-916, August.
- Donato Masciandaro & Marc Quintyn, 2013. "The Evolution of Financial Supervision: the Continuing Search for the Holy Grail," SUERF 50th Anniversary Volume Chapters, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Martin Melecky & Anca Maria Podpiera, 2016. "Central Bank Design and Banking Supervision," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1630, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Masciandaro, Donato & Pansini, Rosaria Vega & Quintyn, Marc, 2013. "The economic crisis: Did supervision architecture and governance matter?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 578-596.
- Melecky,Martin & Podpiera,Anca Maria, 2015. "Placing Bank supervision in the Central Bank : implications for financial stability based on evidence from the global crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7320, The World Bank.
- L. Dalla Pellegrina & D. Masciandaro & R. Pansini, 2014. "Do exchange rate regimes affect the role of central banks as banking supervisors?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 279-315, October.
More about this item
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-09-16 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2011-09-16 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EFF-2011-09-16 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-FMK-2011-09-16 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MON-2011-09-16 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:17401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .