Unfit for Service: The Implications of Rising Obesity for U.S. Military Recruitment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- John Cawley & Johanna Catherine Maclean, 2012. "Unfit For Service: The Implications Of Rising Obesity For Us Military Recruitment," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(11), pages 1348-1366, November.
- Cawley, John & Maclean, J. Catherine, 2011. "Unfit for Service: The Implications of Rising Obesity for U.S. Military Recruitment," IZA Discussion Papers 5822, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caliendo, Marco & Gehrsitz, Markus, 2016.
"Obesity and the labor market: A fresh look at the weight penalty,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 209-225.
- Caliendo, Marco & Gehrsitz, Markus, 2014. "Obesity and the Labor Market: A Fresh Look at the Weight Penalty," IZA Discussion Papers 7947, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Caliendo & Markus Gehrsitz, 2014. "Obesity and the Labor Market: A Fresh Look at the Weight Penalty," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 631, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Hu, Yingyao & Sasaki, Yuya, 2015. "Closed-form estimation of nonparametric models with non-classical measurement errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 185(2), pages 392-408.
- Cawley, John, 2015. "An economy of scales: A selective review of obesity's economic causes, consequences, and solutions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 244-268.
- Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Cawley, John, 2014. "The effect of rising obesity on eligibility to serve in the U.S. public health service commissioned corps," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 213-224.
- Petter Lundborg & Paul Nystedt & Dan-Olof Rooth, 2014. "Body Size, Skills, and Income: Evidence From 150,000 Teenage Siblings," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(5), pages 1573-1596, October.
- Guardado, José R. & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2013. "A Model of Worker Investment in Safety and Its Effects on Accidents and Wages," IZA Discussion Papers 7428, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wilson, Nicholas & Janicki, Martha, 2016. "A cut above the rest? Private anthropometrics in marriage markets," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 164-179.
More about this item
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J4 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets
- N32 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:16408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .