Exchange rate regimes and trade
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2002.
"A Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: The Country Histories, 1946-2001,"
13191, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ethan Ilzetzki & Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2017. "The Country Chronologies to Exchange Rate Arrangements into the 21st Century: Will the Anchor Currency Hold?," NBER Working Papers 23135, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ethan Ilzetzki & Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2017. "The Country Chronologies to Exchange Rate Arrangements into the 21st Century: Will the Anchor Currency Hold?," Working Paper 503446, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2002. "A Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: Parallel Markets and Dual and Multiple Exchange Rates," MPRA Paper 13194, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2002. "A Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: Chartbook, 1946-2001," MPRA Paper 13192, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Rose, 2005.
"Which International Institutions Promote International Trade?,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 682-698, September.
- Rose, Andrew K, 2003. "Which International Institutions Promote International Trade?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3764, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2001. "Currency unions and trade: the effect is large," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(33), pages 449-461, October.
- Husain, Aasim M. & Mody, Ashoka & Rogoff, Kenneth S., 2005. "Exchange rate regime durability and performance in developing versus advanced economies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 35-64, January.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2004.
"The Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: A Reinterpretation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 1-48.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2002. "The Modern History of Exchange Rate Arrangements: A Reinterpretation," NBER Working Papers 8963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2004. "The modern history of exchange rate arrangements: A reinterpretation," MPRA Paper 14070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeffrey Frankel & Andrew Rose, 2002.
"An Estimate of the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade and Income,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 437-466.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Rose, Andrew K., 2001. "An Estimate of the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade and Income," Working Paper Series rwp01-013, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Anne-Marie Gulde & Holger C. Wolf, 2003. "Exchange Rate Regimes: Choices and Consequences," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262072408, January.
- Klein, Michael W. & Shambaugh, Jay C., 2006. "Fixed exchange rates and trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 359-383, December.
- Levy-Yeyati, Eduardo & Sturzenegger, Federico, 2005. "Classifying exchange rate regimes: Deeds vs. words," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1603-1635, August.
- Andrew K. Rose & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "National Money as a Barrier to International Trade: The Real Case for Currency Union," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 386-390, May.
- repec:hrv:faseco:34721963 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emilia M Jurzyk & Bernhard Fritz-Krockow, 2004. "Will You Buy My Peg? the Credibility of a Fixed Exchange Rate Regime As a Determinant of Bilateral Trade," IMF Working Papers 04/165, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bracke, Thierry & Bunda, Irina, 2011. "Exchange rate anchoring - Is there still a de facto US dollar standard?," Working Paper Series 1353, European Central Bank.
- Cobham, David, 2018. "A comprehensive classification of monetary policy frameworks for advanced and emerging economies," MPRA Paper 84737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:touman:v:45:y:2014:i:c:p:226-233 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mahvash S Qureshi & Charalambos G Tsangarides, 2010. "The Empirics of Exchange Rate Regimes and Trade; Words vs. Deeds," IMF Working Papers 10/48, International Monetary Fund.
- Tomáš Havránek, 2010. "Rose effect and the euro: is the magic gone?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 146(2), pages 241-261, June.
- Tomasz Brodzicki & Stanislaw Uminski, 2013. "International trade relations of enterprises established in Poland's regions: gravity model panel estimation," Working Papers 1301, Instytut Rozwoju, Institute for Development.
- Umar Fachrudin & Fithra Faisal Hastiadi, 2016. "Impact Analysis of Normalized Revealed Comparative Advantageon ASEAN’s Non-Oil and Gas Export Pattern Using Gravity-Model Approach," Working Papers in Economics and Business 201603, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, revised May 2016.
- Tomáš Havránek, 2009. "Rose Effect and the Euro: The Magic is Gone," Working Papers IES 2009/20, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Aug 2009.
- Christopher Adam & David Cobham, 2008. "Alternative Exchange Rate Regimes for MENA countries: Gravity Model Estimates of the Trade Effects," CERT Discussion Papers 0803, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Mireille NTSAMA ETOUNDI, 2014.
"Impact de la rente pétrolière sur la demande des pays frontaliers du Cameroun,"
- Mireille S. Ntsama Etoundi, 2015. "Impact de la rente pétrolière sur la demande des pays frontaliers du Cameroun," Working Papers halshs-01027500, HAL.
- Wong, Kin-Ming & Chong, Terence Tai-Leung, 2016.
"Does monetary policy matter for trade?,"
Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 107-125.
- Qureshi, Mahvash Saeed & Tsangarides, Charalambos G., 2012.
"Hard or Soft Pegs? Choice of Exchange Rate Regime and Trade in Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 667-680.
- Mahvash Saeed Qureshi & Charalambos G. Tsangarides, 2011. "Exchange Rate Regimes and Trade: Is Africa Different?," WIDER Working Paper Series 014, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Hanh Vu Thi, 2015. "Essays on the Export Performance of Vietnam/Essais sur la Performance à l'Exportation du Vietnam," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/216765, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Aditya Rangga Yogatama & Fithra Faisal Hastiadi, 2015. "The Role of Democracy and Governance in the Enhancement of Indonesian Exports to the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Countries," Working Papers in Economics and Business 201504, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, revised Jul 2015.
- Emilia Penkova-Pearson, 2012. "Trade, convergence and exchange rate regime: evidence from Bulgaria and Romania," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 1(1), pages 107-139.
- Isidro Hernandez Rodríguez, 2011. "Tributación y desarrollo en perspectiva," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 13(24), pages 271-302, January-J.
- Robin Pope, 2009. "Beggar-Thy-Neighbour Exchange Rate Regime Misadvice from Misapplications of Mundell (1961 ) and the Remedy," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 326-350, February.
- Rodolfo Metulini, 2013. "A structural analysis on Gravity of Trade regarding the possibility to remove distance from the model," ERSA conference papers ersa13p520, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordsgravity; geography; exchange rate regime; currency union; transactions costs; tariff-equivalent barriers;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F49 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-04-09 (Central Banking)
- NEP-INT-2007-04-09 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mmf:mmfc06:9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.essex.ac.uk/afm/mmf/index.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.