Student Status and Academic Performance: Accounting for the Symptom of Long Duration of Studies in Greece
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicola Reimann, 2004. "First-year Teaching-Learning Environments in Economics," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 3(1), pages 9-38.
- Massimiliano Bratti & Daniele Checchi & Guido De Blasio, 2008.
"Does the Expansion of Higher Education Increase the Equality of Educational Opportunities? Evidence from Italy,"
CEIS, vol. 22(s1), pages 53-88, June.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Checchi, Daniele & de Blasio, Guido, 2008. "Does the Expansion of Higher Education Increase the Equality of Educational Opportunities? Evidence from Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 3361, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Massimiliano Bratti & Daniele Checchi & Guido de Blasio, 2008. "Does the expansion of higher education increase the equality of educational opportunities? Evidence from Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 679, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Vignoles Anna F & Powdthavee Nattavudh, 2009. "The Socioeconomic Gap in University Dropouts," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-36, April.
- Bratti, Massimiliano, 2002.
"Does the choice of university matter?: a study of the differences across UK universities in life sciences students' degree performance,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 431-443, October.
- Bratti, Massimiliano, 2001. "Does the Choice of University Matter? A Study of the Differences across UK Universities in Life Sciences Students’ Degree Performance," Economic Research Papers 269355, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Bratti, M., 2001. "Does the choice of university matter? A study of the differences across uk universities in life sciences students' degree performance," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 584, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Massimiliano Bratti, 2001. "Does the Choice of University Matter? A Study of the Differences across UK Universites in Life Sciences Students' Degree Performance," HEW 0012003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jo Blanden & Stephen Machin, 2013.
"Educational Inequality and The Expansion of UK Higher Education,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 60(5), pages 578-596, November.
- Jo Blanden & Stephen Machin, 2004. "Educational Inequality and the Expansion of UK Higher Education," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(2), pages 230-249, May.
- Blanden, Jo & Machin, Stephen, 2004. "Educational inequality and the expansion of UK higher education," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 17497, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jeremy P. Smith & Robin A. Naylor, 2001. "Dropping out of university: A statistical analysis of the probability of withdrawal for UK university students," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 164(2), pages 389-405.
- Tsakloglou, Panos & Cholezas, Ioannis, 2005. "Education and Inequality in Greece," IZA Discussion Papers 1582, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Blundell, Richard, et al, 2000. "The Returns to Higher Education in Britain: Evidence from a British Cohort," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(461), pages 82-99, February.
- McNabb, Robert & Pal, Sarmistha & Sloane, Peter, 2002. "Gender Differences in Educational Attainment: The Case of University Students in England and Wales," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 69(275), pages 481-503, August.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, December.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Papakonstantinou, George, 2005. "The real university cost in a "free" higher education country," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 103-108, February.
- Elias Katsikas & Theologos Dergiades, 2009. "Higher Education Policy in Greece: Filling the Danaids' Jar," Discussion Paper Series 2009_16, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Nov 2009.
- Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 1995. "Socioeconomic background, schooling, experience, ability and monetary rewards in Greece," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 85-91, March.
- Smith, Jeremy & Naylor, Robin, 2001. " Determinants of Degree Performance in UK Universities: A Statistical Analysis of the 1993 Student Cohort," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(1), pages 29-60, February.
- Geraint Johnes & Robert McNabb, 2004. "Never Give up on the Good Times: Student Attrition in the UK," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(1), pages 23-47, February.
- Singell, Larry Jr., 2004. "Come and stay a while: does financial aid effect retention conditioned on enrollment at a large public university?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 459-471, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdulmumini Baba Alfa & Abdulmumini Baba Alfa & Mohd Zaini Abd Karim, 2016.
"Student Enthusiasm as a Key Determinant of their Performance,"
International Review of Management and Marketing,
Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 237-245.
- Baba ABDULMUMINI & Zaini MOHD, 2015. "Student Enthusiasm as a Key Determinant of their Performance," Journal of Research in Educational Sciences, ASERS Publishing, vol. 6(8), pages 26-39.
- Carlos Vieira & Isabel Vieira & Luis Raposo, 2018. "Distance and academic performance in higher education," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 60-79, January.
- Stavros Rodokanakis & Vasileios A. Vlachos, 2012. "Measuring the Unemployment Risk in Northern Greece from the LFS Micro-Data during the Period 1994-2006," Review of Economic Analysis, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 4(2), pages 224-246, December.
- Sofia Asonitou & Athanasios Mandilas & Evangelos Chytis & Dimitra Latsou, 2018. "A Greek Evaluation Of The Course Experience Questionnaire: Studentsâ€™ Conceptions Of The Teaching Quality Of Higher Education Accounting Studies," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 11(2), pages 51-62, September.
- Diogo Lourenço & Carla Sá & Orlanda Tavares, 2017. "Pushed Away From Home? Spatial Mobility Of Prospective Higher Education Students And The Enrolment Decision," FEP Working Papers 593, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
Keywordsstudents; academic performance; duration of studies.;
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2011-04-09 (Education)
- NEP-HME-2011-04-09 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-LAB-2011-04-09 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcd:mcddps:2011_04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Theodore Panagiotidis). General contact details of provider: http://www.uom.gr/index.php?tmima=3 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.