Prediction in the Panel Data Model with Spatial Correlation: The Case of Liquor
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Badi Baltagi & Dong Li, 2006. "Prediction in the Panel Data Model with Spatial Correlation: the Case of Liquor," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 175-185.
References listed on IDEAS
- Julian L. Simon, 1966. "The Economic Effects of State Monopoly of Packaged-Liquor Retailing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 188-188.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, Ron, 1995.
"Estimating long-run relationships from dynamic heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 79-113, July.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Smith, R., 1992. "Estimating Long-Run Relationships From Dynamic Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9215, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Wansbeek, Tom & Kapteyn, Arie, 1983. "A note on spectral decomposition and maximum likelihood estimation in models with balanced data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 213-215, June.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., 1980. "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," LIDAM Reprints CORE 412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Kajal Lahiri, 2005. "Analysis of Panel Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(4), pages 1093-1095.
- Baillie, R.T. & Baltagi, B.H., 1994. "Prediction from the Regression Model with one-way Error Components," Papers 9405, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1995. "A Dynamic Demand Model for Liquor: The Case for Pooling," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(3), pages 545-554, August.
- Moulton, Brent R., 1986. "Random group effects and the precision of regression estimates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 385-397, August.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1971. "The Estimation of the Variances in a Variance-Components Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 12(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Kenkel, Donald S, 1993. "Drinking, Driving, and Deterrence: The Effectiveness and Social Costs of Alternative Policies," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 877-913, October.
- Taub, Allan J., 1979. "Prediction in the context of the variance-components model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 103-107, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Badi H. Baltagi, 2008. "Forecasting with panel data," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 153-173.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain, 2012.
"Forecasting with spatial panel data,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3381-3397.
- Baltagi B-H & Bresson G. & Pirotte A., 2007. "Forecasting with Spatial Panel Data," Working Papers ERMES 0710, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain, 2009. "Forecasting with Spatial Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4242, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- A. Mahabbati & A. Izady & M. Mousavi Baygi & K. Davary & S. M. Hasheminia, 2017. "Daily soil temperature modeling using ‘panel-data’ concept," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(8), pages 1385-1401, June.
- Geweke, J. & Joel Horowitz & Pesaran, M.H., 2006. "Econometrics: A Bird’s Eye View," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0655, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Dasgupta,Basab & Lall,Somik V. & Lozano Gracia,Nancy, 2014. "Urbanization and housing investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 115004, The World Bank.
- Giovanni Bella & Carla Massidda & Ivan Etzo, 2013.
"A Panel Estimation of the Relationship between Income, Electric Power Consumption and CO2 Emissions,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik), Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 59(2), pages 149-166.
- Bellla, Gianni & Massidda, Carla & Etzo, Ivan, 2010. "A panel estimation of the relationship between income, electric power consumption and CO2 emissions," MPRA Paper 26077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kajal Lahiri & Fushang Liu, 2006.
"Modelling multi‐period inflation uncertainty using a panel of density forecasts,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 1199-1219, December.
- Fushang Liu & Kajal Lahiri, 2006. "Modelling multi-period inflation uncertainty using a panel of density forecasts," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 1199-1219.
- Kajal Lahiri & Fushang Liu, 2006. "Modeling Multi-Period Inflation Uncertainty Using a Panel of Density Forcasts," Discussion Papers 06-05, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Yan Shen & Cheng Hsiao & Hiroshi Fujiki, 2005.
"Aggregate vs. disaggregate data analysis-a paradox in the estimation of a money demand function of Japan under the low interest rate policy,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 579-601.
- Cheng Hsiao & Yan Shen & Hiroshi Fujiki, 2002. "Aggregate vs Disaggregate Data Analysis - A Paradox in the Estimation of Money Demand Function of Japan Under the Low Interest Rate Policy," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 A4-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Cheng Hsiao & Yan Shen & Hiroshi Fujiki, 2004. "Aggregate vs Disaggregate Data Analysis — A Paradox in the Estimation of a Money Demand Function of Japan Under the Low Interest Rate Policy," IEPR Working Papers 04.1, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Uzar, Umut, 2020. "Political economy of renewable energy: Does institutional quality make a difference in renewable energy consumption?," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 155(C), pages 591-603.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Antonio Musolesi, 2011. "Income and time related effects in EKC," Working Papers 201105, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Cheng Hsiao & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2004.
"Random Coefficient Panel Data Models,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Hsiao, C. & Pesaran, M.H., 2004. "‘Random Coefficient Panel Data Models’," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0434, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hsiao, Cheng & Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2004. "Random Coefficient Panel Data Models," IZA Discussion Papers 1236, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Cheng Hsiao & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2004. "Random Coefficient Panel Data Models," IEPR Working Papers 04.2, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Goya, Daniel, 2020.
"The exchange rate and export variety: A cross-country analysis with long panel estimators,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 649-665.
- Daniel Goya, 2019. "The Exchange Rate and Export Variety: A cross-country analysis with long panel estimators," Working Papers 2018-01, Escuela de Negocios y Economía, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Pirotte, Alain, 2010.
"Panel data inference under spatial dependence,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1368-1381, November.
- Baltagi B-H. & Pirotte A., 2009. "Panel Data Inference Under Spatial Dependence," Working Papers ERMES 0907, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Alain Pirotte, 2010. "Panel Data Inference under Spatial Dependence," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 123, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Antonio Musolesi, 2010. "Carbon Abatement Leaders and Laggards Non Parametric Analyses of Policy Oriented Kuznets Curves," Working Papers 2010.149, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bedi, Arjun Singh & Edwards, John H. Y., 2002. "The impact of school quality on earnings and educational returns--evidence from a low-income country," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 157-185, June.
- Alejo, Javier & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel & Sosa-Escudero, Walter, 2018. "Testing for serial correlation in hierarchical linear models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 101-116.
- Dana Dascal & Konstadinos Mattas & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2002. "An analysis of EU wine trade: A gravity model approach," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 8(2), pages 135-147, May.
- Théophile AZOMAHOU & Phu NGUYEN VAN & Marcus WAGNER, 2001. "Determinants of Environmental and Economic Performance of Firms: An Empirical Analysis of the European Paper Industry," Working Papers of BETA 2001-22, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:8:y:2002:i:2:p:135-147 is not listed on IDEAS
- Santiago, Renato & Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso, 2020. "An analysis of the energy intensity of Latin American and Caribbean countries: Empirical evidence on the role of public and private capital stock," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 211(C).
- Baltagi, Badi H., 2013. "Panel Data Forecasting," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, in: G. Elliott & C. Granger & A. Timmermann (ed.), Handbook of Economic Forecasting, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 995-1024, Elsevier.
More about this item
Keywordsprediction; spatial correlation; panel data; liquor demand;
All these keywords.
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ECM-2006-10-07 (Econometrics)
- NEP-FOR-2006-10-07 (Forecasting)
- NEP-GEO-2006-10-07 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2006-10-07 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:max:cprwps:84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cpsyrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Margaret Austin or Candi Patterson or Katrina Wingle (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cpsyrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.