Time Use of Mothers and Fathers in Hard Times: The US Recession of 2007-09
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Morrill, Melinda Sandler & Pabilonia, Sabrina Wulff, 2012.
"What Effects Do Macroeconomic Conditions Have on Families' Time Together?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6529, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Melinda Sandler Morrill & Sabrina Wulff Pabilonia, 2012. "What Effects do Macroeconomic Conditions Have on Families' Time Together?," Working Papers 454, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Michael Burda & Daniel Hamermesh & Philippe Weil, 2013.
"Total work and gender: facts and possible explanations,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(1), pages 239-261, January.
- Michael C Burda & Daniel S. Hamermesh & Philippe Weil, 2012. "Total work and gender: facts and possible explanations," Sciences Po publications 2012-03, Sciences Po.
- Michael C Burda & Daniel S Hamermesh & Philippe Weil, 2012. "Total work and gender: facts and possible explanations," Working Papers hal-01070284, HAL.
- Michael Burda & Hamermesh Daniel & Weil Philippe, 2012. "Total work and gender facts and possible explanations," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2012-03, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Michael Burda & Daniel S. Hamermesh & Philippe Weil, 2012. "Total Work and Gender: Facts and Possible Explanations," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-007, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Mark A. Aguiar & Erik Hurst & Loukas Karabarbounis, 2011. "Time Use During Recessions," NBER Working Papers 17259, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lynne Casper & Martin O’Connell, 1998. "Work, income, the economy, and married fathers as child-care providers," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 35(2), pages 243-250, May.
- Jean Kimmel & Rachel Connelly, 2007. "Mothers’ Time Choices: Caregiving, Leisure, Home Production, and Paid Work," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 42(3).
- Mark Aguiar & Erik Hurst, 2007.
"Measuring Trends in Leisure: The Allocation of Time Over Five Decades,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 122(3), pages 969-1006.
- Mark Aguiar & Erik Hurst, 2006. "Measuring Trends in Leisure: The Allocation of Time Over Five Decades," NBER Working Papers 12082, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Aguiar & Erik Hurst, 2006. "Measuring trends in leisure: the allocation of time over five decades," Working Papers 06-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Chinhui Juhn & Simon M. Potter, 2007. "Is there still an added-worker effect?," Staff Reports 310, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Heather Boushey, 2008. "“Opting out?” The effect of children on women's employment in the United States," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 1-36.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0393 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vance, Colin & Procher, Vivien, 2013.
"Who Does the Shopping? German time-use evidence, 1996-2009,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 125-133.
- Vivien Procher & Colin Vance, 2013. "Who does the shopping? German time-use evidence, 1996-2009," Schumpeter Discussion Papers SDP13001, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Procher, Vivien & Vance, Colin, 2013. "Who Does the Shopping? – German Time-use Evidence, 1996–2009," Ruhr Economic Papers 393, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Vivien Procher & Colin Vance, 2013. "Who Does the Shopping? – German Time-use Evidence, 1996–2009," Ruhr Economic Papers 0393, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomics of Gender; Unemployment; Time Use; Economic Crises;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-06-25 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HME-2012-06-25 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-LAB-2012-06-25 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-06-25 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-LTV-2012-06-25 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PKE-2012-06-25 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_726. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .