“Opting out?” The effect of children on women's employment in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Øystein Kravdal, 2014. "The Estimation of Fertility Effects on Happiness: Even More Difficult than Usually Acknowledged," European Journal of Population, Springer;European Association for Population Studies, vol. 30(3), pages 263-290, August.
- Gunseli Berik & Ebru Kongar, 2012. "Time Use of Mothers and Fathers in Hard Times: The US Recession of 2007-09," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_726, Levy Economics Institute.
- J. Gimenez-Nadal & Jose Molina & Almudena Sevilla-Sanz, 2012. "Social norms, partnerships and children," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 215-236, June.
- Liana Fox & Wen-Jui Han & Christopher Ruhm & Jane Waldfogel, 2013.
"Time for Children: Trends in the Employment Patterns of Parents, 1967–2009,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Liana E. Fox & Wen-Jui Han & Christopher Ruhm & Jane Waldfogel, 2011. "Time for Children: Trends in the Employment Patterns of Parents, 1967-2009," NBER Working Papers 17135, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fox, Liana & Han, Wen-Jui & Ruhm, Christopher J. & Waldfogel, Jane, 2011. "Time for Children: Trends in the Employment Patterns of Parents, 1967-2009," IZA Discussion Papers 5761, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hélène Périvier, 2009.
"Les femmes sur le marché du travail aux États-Unis. Évolutions mises en perspective avec celles de la France et de la Suède,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(1), pages 49-84.
- Hélène Périvier, 2009. "Les femmes sur le marché du travail aux États-Unis : évolutions mises en perspective avec celles de la France et de la Suède," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/eu4vqp9ompq, Sciences Po.
- Irene BÃ¶ckmann & Joya Misra & Michelle Budig, 2013. "Mothers' employment in wealthy countries: how do cultural and institutional factors shape the motherhood employment and working hours gap?," LIS Working papers 594, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Kravdal, Øystein, 2013. "Reflections on the Search for Fertility Effects on Happiness," Memorandum 10/2013, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Christopher Tamborini & Howard Iams, 2011. "Are Generation X’ers Different than Late Boomers? Family and Earnings Trends among Recent Cohorts of Women at Young Adulthood," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 30(1), pages 59-79, February.
- Seonglim Lee & Jinkook Lee & Yunhee Chang, 2014. "Is Dual Income Costly for Married Couples? An Analysis of Household Expenditures," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 161-177, June.
- Rense Nieuwenhuis & Wim Van Lancker & Diego Collado & Bea Cantillon, 2016.
"Has the potential for compensating poverty by women’s employment growth been depleted?,"
ImPRovE Working Papers
16/02, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Rense Nieuwenhuis & Wim van Lancker & Diego Collado & Bea Cantillon, 2016. "Has the Potential for Compensating Poverty by Women's Employment Growth Been Depleted?," LIS Working papers 664, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Ragni Hege Kitterød & Marit Rønsen, 2011. "Housewives in a dual-earner society. Who is a housewife in contemporary Norway?," Discussion Papers 659, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Kravdal, Øystein, 2016. "Expected and unexpected consequences of childbearing – a methodologically and politically important distinction that is overlooked," Memorandum 05/2016, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Hélène Périvier, 2008. "L'impact de la Maternité sur l'Activité des Femmes aux Etats-Unis," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 51(2/3), pages 221-242.
- de Jong, Eelke & Smits, Jeroen & Longwe, Abiba, 2017. "Estimating the Causal Effect of Fertility on Women’s Employment in Africa Using Twins," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 360-368.
- Joni Hersch, 2013. "Opting out among women with elite education," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 469-506, December.
- Dorrit, Posel & Gabrielle, van der Stoep, 2008. "Co-resident and absent mothers: Motherhood and labour force participation in South Africa," MPRA Paper 52907, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rense Nieuwenhuis & Henk Van der Kolk & Ariana Need, 2016. "Womenâ€™s Earnings and Household Inequality in OECD Countries, 1973â€“2013," LIS Working papers 598, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Heather Antecol, 2015. "Career and Family Choices Among Elite Liberal Arts Graduates," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(4), pages 1089-1120, August.
- Sarah Damaske & Adrianne Frech, 2016. "Women’s Work Pathways Across the Life Course," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(2), pages 365-391, April.
- Alexandra Killewald & Xiaolin Zhou, 2015. "Mothers' Long-Term Employment Patterns," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 15-247, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- van der Stoep, Gabrielle, 2008. "Childbearing and labour force participation in South Africa: sibling composition as an identification strategy?," MPRA Paper 52908, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsWomen's employment; work and family; mother's employment; JEL Codes: J22; J16;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:femeco:v:14:y:2008:i:1:p:1-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RFEC20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .