Making the Case for a Low Intertemporal Elasticity of Substitution
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- R. Anton Braun & Tomoyuki Nakajima, 2011. "Making the case for a low intertemporal elasticity of substitution," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2011-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- R. Anton Braun & Tomoyuki Nakajima, 2012. "Making the case for a low intertemporal elasticity of substitution," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2012-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
References listed on IDEAS
- Guvenen, Fatih, 2006.
"Reconciling conflicting evidence on the elasticity of intertemporal substitution: A macroeconomic perspective,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 1451-1472, October.
- M. Fatih Guvenen, 2002. "Reconciling Conflicting Evidence on the Elasticity of Intertemporal Substitution: A Macroeconomic Perspective," RCER Working Papers 491, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER), revised Mar 2003.
- Fatih Guvenen, 2005. "Reconciling Conflicting Evidence on the Elasticity of Intertemporal Substitution: A Macroeconomic Perspective," Macroeconomics 0507005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Bassetto, 2002.
"A Game-Theoretic View of the Fiscal Theory of the Price Level,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(6), pages 2167-2195, November.
- Marco Bassetto, 2000. "A Game-Theoretic View of the Fiscal Theory of the Price Level," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1492, Econometric Society.
- Marco Bassetto, 2001. "A game-theoretic view of the fiscal theory of the price level," Working Papers 612, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Davig, Troy & Leeper, Eric M. & Walker, Todd B., 2011. "Inflation and the fiscal limit," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 31-47, January.
- Philippe Weil, 1990. "Nonexpected Utility in Macroeconomics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 29-42.
- Leeper, Eric M., 1991. "Equilibria under 'active' and 'passive' monetary and fiscal policies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 129-147, February.
- Sebastián Nieto-Parra, 2009. "Who Saw Sovereign Debt Crises Coming?," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2009), pages 125-169, August.
- Selahattin Imrohoroglu & Nao Sudo, 2011.
"Productivity and Fiscal Policy in Japan: Short-Term Forecasts from the Standard Growth Model,"
Monetary and Economic Studies,
Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 29, pages 73-106, November.
- Selahattin Imrohoroglu & Nao Sudo, 2010. "Productivity and Fiscal Policy in Japan: Short Term Forecasts from the Standard Growth Model," IMES Discussion Paper Series 10-E-23, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Bi, Huixin, 2012.
"Sovereign default risk premia, fiscal limits, and fiscal policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 389-410.
- Huixin Bi, 2010. "Sovereign Default Risk Premia, Fiscal Limits and Fiscal Policy," Caepr Working Papers 2010-007, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Huixin Bi, 2011. "Sovereign Default Risk Premia, Fiscal Limits and Fiscal Policy," Staff Working Papers 11-10, Bank of Canada.
- Gabriele Galati & Peter Heemeijer & Richhild Moessner, 2011.
"How do inflation expectations form? New insights from a high-frequency survey,"
DNB Working Papers
283, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Gabriele Galati & Peter Heemeijer & Richhild Moessner, 2011. "How do inflation expectations form? New insights from a high-frequency survey," BIS Working Papers 349, Bank for International Settlements.
- John Geanakoplos & Ana Fostel, 2008. "Leverage Cycles and the Anxious Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1211-1244, September.
- Christiansen, Charlotte & Joensen, Juanna Schroter & Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 2007.
"The risk-return trade-off in human capital investment,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 971-986, December.
- Charlotte Christiansen & Juanna Schröter Joensen, 2006. "The Risk-Return Trade-Off in Human Capital Investment," Economics Working Papers 2006-02, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Christiansen, Charlotte & Joensen, Juanna Schrøter & Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 2006. "The Risk-Return Trade-Off in Human Capital Investment," IZA Discussion Papers 1962, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Bassetto & R. Andrew Butters, 2010. "What is the relationship between large deficits and inflation in industrialized countries?," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q III, pages 83-100.
- Tom Krebs, 2003. "Growth and Welfare Effects of Business Cycles in Economies with Idiosyncratic Human Capital Risk," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 6(4), pages 846-868, October.
- Francisco Gomes & Alexander Michaelides, 2008.
"Asset Pricing with Limited Risk Sharing and Heterogeneous Agents,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(1), pages 415-448, January.
- Gomes, Francisco & Michaelides, Alexander, 2005. "Asset pricing with limited risk sharing and heterogeneous agents," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24649, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gomes, Francisco J & Michaelides, Alexander, 2007. "Asset Pricing with Limited Risk Sharing and Heterogeneous Agents," CEPR Discussion Papers 6136, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anne Epaulard & Aude Pommeret, 2003.
"Recursive Utility, Endogenous Growth, and the Welfare Cost of Volatility,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 6(3), pages 672-684, July.
- Aude Pommeret & Anne Epaulard, 2001. "Recursive Utility, Endogenous Growth, and the Welfare Cost of Volatility," IMF Working Papers 01/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Abel, Andrew B., 1999.
"Risk premia and term premia in general equilibrium,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 3-33, February.
- Andrew B. Abel, 1998. "Risk Premia and Term Premia in General Equilibrium," NBER Working Papers 6683, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dominique Pepin, 2014. "Asset Prices and Risk Aversion," Working Papers hal-00955590, HAL.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor & Alessandro Flamini, 2016. "Institutional Mandates for Macroeconomic and Financial Stability," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 231, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor & Pengfei Jia, 2017. "Macroprudential Policy Coordination in a Currency Union'," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 235, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
More about this item
KeywordsUncertainty; Intertemporal elasticity of substitution; Risk aversion; Business Cycles; Growth.;
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2011-11-01 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2011-11-01 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-UPT-2011-11-01 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kyo:wpaper:788. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ryo Okui). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iekyojp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.