Measuring Dynamic Connectedness with Large Bayesian VAR Models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Korobilis, D & Yilmaz, K, 2018. "Measuring Dynamic Connectedness with Large Bayesian VAR Models," Essex Finance Centre Working Papers 20937, University of Essex, Essex Business School.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diebold, Francis X. & Yılmaz, Kamil, 2014.
"On the network topology of variance decompositions: Measuring the connectedness of financial firms,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 182(1), pages 119-134.
- Francis X. Diebold & Kamil Yilmaz, 2011. "On the Network Topology of Variance Decompositions: Measuring the Connectedness of Financial Firms," NBER Working Papers 17490, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francis X. Diebold & Kamil Yilmaz, 2011. "On the network topology of variance decompositions: Measuring the connectedness of financial firms," Working Papers 11-45, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Francis X. Diebold & Kamil YÄ±lmaz, 2011. "On the Network Topology of Variance Decompositions: Measuring the Connectedness of Financial Firms," PIER Working Paper Archive 11-031, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Francis X. Diebold & Kamil Yilmaz, 2011. "On the Network Topology of Variance Decompositions: Measuring the Connectedness of Financial Firms," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1124, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Viral V. Acharya & Lasse H. Pedersen & Thomas Philippon & Matthew Richardson, 2017.
"Measuring Systemic Risk,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 30(1), pages 2-47.
- Viral V. Acharya & Lasse H. Pedersen & Thomas Philippon & Matthew Richardson, 2010. "Measuring systemic risk," Working Paper 1002, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Acharya, Viral V & Pedersen, Lasse H & Philippon, Thomas & Richardson, Matthew P, 2012. "Measuring Systemic Risk," CEPR Discussion Papers 8824, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:taf:jnlbes:v:30:y:2012:i:2:p:212-228 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harald Uhlig, 1997.
"Bayesian Vector Autoregressions with Stochastic Volatility,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(1), pages 59-74, January.
- Uhlig, H.F.H.V.S., 1996. "Bayesian Vector Autoregressions with Stochastic Volatility," Discussion Paper 1996-09, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Giorgio E. Primiceri, 2005. "Time Varying Structural Vector Autoregressions and Monetary Policy," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(3), pages 821-852.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2013.
"Large time-varying parameter VARs,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 177(2), pages 185-198.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2012. "Large time-varying parameter VARs," MPRA Paper 38591, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2012. "Large Time-Varying Parameter VARs," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-14, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Gary Koop & Dimitris Korobilis, 2012. "Large Time-Varying Parameter VARs," Working Paper series 11_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Gary Koop & Dimitris Korobilis, 2012. "Large time-varying parameter VARs," Working Papers 2012_04, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Ivailo Arsov & Elie Canetti & Laura E. Kodres & Srobona Mitra, 2013. "Near-Coincident Indicators of Systemic Stress," IMF Working Papers 13/115, International Monetary Fund.
- Garman, Mark B & Klass, Michael J, 1980. "On the Estimation of Security Price Volatilities from Historical Data," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 67-78, January.
- repec:oup:jfinec:v:14:y:2016:i:1:p:81-127. is not listed on IDEAS
- Diebold, Francis X. & Yilmaz, Kamil, 2015. "Financial and Macroeconomic Connectedness: A Network Approach to Measurement and Monitoring," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199338306.
- Dangl, Thomas & Halling, Michael, 2012. "Predictive regressions with time-varying coefficients," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 157-181.
- Diebold, Francis X. & Yilmaz, Kamil, 2012.
"Better to give than to receive: Predictive directional measurement of volatility spillovers,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 57-66.
- Francis X. Diebold & Kamil Yilmaz, 2010. "Better to Give than to Receive: Predictive Directional Measurement of Volatility Spillovers," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1001, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum, revised Mar 2010.
- Sassan Alizadeh & Michael W. Brandt & Francis X. Diebold, 2002. "Range-Based Estimation of Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1047-1091, June.
- Uhlig, Harald, 1994. "What Macroeconomists Should Know about Unit Roots: A Bayesian Perspective," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(3-4), pages 645-671, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sowmya Subramaniam & David Gabauer & Rangan Gupta, 2018. "On the Transmission Mechanism of Asia-Pacific Yield Curve Characteristics," Working Papers 201864, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsConnectedness; Vector autoregression; Time-varying parameter model; Rolling window estimation; Systemic risk; Financial institutions.;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:koc:wpaper:1802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sumru Oz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dekoctr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.