Maximum Likelihood Estimation of a Noninvertible ARMA Model with Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity
We consider maximum likelihood estimation of a particular noninvertible ARMA model with autoregressive conditionally heteroskedastic (ARCH) errors. The model can be seen as an extension to so-called all-pass models in that it allows for autocorrelation and for more fl exible forms of conditional heteroskedasticity. These features may be attractive especially in economic and financial applications. Unlike in previous literature on maximum likelihood estimation of noncausal and/or noninvertible ARMA models and all-pass models, our estimation theory does allow for Gaussian innovations. We give conditions under which a strongly consistent and asymptotically normally distributed solution to the likelihood equations exists, and we also provide a consistent estimator of the limiting covariance matrix.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Rumelifeneri Yolu, Sarıyer, 34450 İstanbul|
Web page: http://erf.ku.edu.tr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lanne, Markku & Luoto, Jani & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2012.
"Optimal forecasting of noncausal autoregressive time series,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 623-631.
- Lanne, Markku & Luoto, Jani & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2010. "Optimal Forecasting of Noncausal Autoregressive Time Series," MPRA Paper 23648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mika Meitz & Pentti Saikkonen, 2008.
"Parameter Estimation in Nonlinear AR-GARCH Models,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2008/25, European University Institute.
- Mika Meitz & Pentti Saikkonen, 2008. "Parameter estimation in nonlinear AR-GARCH models," CREATES Research Papers 2008-30, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Mika Meitz & Pentti Saikkonen, 2008. "Parameter estimation in nonlinear AR-GARCH models," Economics Series Working Papers 396, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Mika Meitz & Pentti Saikkonen, 2010. "Parameter estimation in nonlinear AR–GARCH models," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1002, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:koc:wpaper:1226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sumru Oz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.