Maximum likelihood estimation for all-pass time series models
An autoregressive-moving average model in which all roots of the autoregressive polynomial are reciprocals of roots of the moving average polynomial and vice versa is called an all-pass time series model. All-pass models generate uncorrelated (white noise) time series, but these series are not independent in the non-Gaussian case. An approximate likelihood for a causal all-pass model is given and used to establish asymptotic normality for maximum likelihood estimators under general conditions. Behavior of the estimators for finite samples is studied via simulation. A two-step procedure using all-pass models to identify and estimate noninvertible autoregressive-moving average models is developed and used in the deconvolution of a simulated water gun seismogram.
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 7 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lii, Keh-Shin & Rosenblatt, Murray, 1992. "An approximate maximum likelihood estimation for non-Gaussian non-minimum phase moving average processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 272-299, November.
- Davis, Richard A. & Knight, Keith & Liu, Jian, 1992. "M-estimation for autoregressions with infinite variance," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 145-180, February.
- Jian Huang, 2000. "Quasi-likelihood Estimation of Non-invertible Moving Average Processes," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 27(4), pages 689-702.
- Breid, F. Jay & Davis, Richard A. & Lh, Keh-Shin & Rosenblatt, Murray, 1991. "Maximum likelihood estimation for noncausal autoregressive processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 175-198, February.
- Lii, Keh-Shin & Rosenblatt, Murray, 1988. "Nonminimum phase non-Gaussian deconvolution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 359-374, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:97:y:2006:i:7:p:1638-1659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.