Maximum likelihood estimation for all-pass time series models
An autoregressive-moving average model in which all roots of the autoregressive polynomial are reciprocals of roots of the moving average polynomial and vice versa is called an all-pass time series model. All-pass models generate uncorrelated (white noise) time series, but these series are not independent in the non-Gaussian case. An approximate likelihood for a causal all-pass model is given and used to establish asymptotic normality for maximum likelihood estimators under general conditions. Behavior of the estimators for finite samples is studied via simulation. A two-step procedure using all-pass models to identify and estimate noninvertible autoregressive-moving average models is developed and used in the deconvolution of a simulated water gun seismogram.
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 7 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lii, Keh-Shin & Rosenblatt, Murray, 1988. "Nonminimum phase non-Gaussian deconvolution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 359-374, November.
- Jian Huang, 2000. "Quasi-likelihood Estimation of Non-invertible Moving Average Processes," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 27(4), pages 689-702.
- Davis, Richard A. & Knight, Keith & Liu, Jian, 1992. "M-estimation for autoregressions with infinite variance," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 145-180, February.
- Lii, Keh-Shin & Rosenblatt, Murray, 1992. "An approximate maximum likelihood estimation for non-Gaussian non-minimum phase moving average processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 272-299, November.
- Breid, F. Jay & Davis, Richard A. & Lh, Keh-Shin & Rosenblatt, Murray, 1991. "Maximum likelihood estimation for noncausal autoregressive processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 175-198, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:97:y:2006:i:7:p:1638-1659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.