Food Price Surges and Poverty in Urban Colombia: New Evidence from Household Survey Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rodriguez-Takeuchi, Laura & Imai, Katsushi S., 2013. "Food price surges and poverty in urban Colombia: New evidence from household survey data," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 227-236.
References listed on IDEAS
- Horton, Sue & Kerr, Tom & Diakosavvas, Dimitris, 1988. "The social costs of higher food prices: Some cross-country evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 847-856, July.
- Ulimwengu, John M. & Workneh, Sindu & Paulos, Zelekawork, 2009. "Impact of soaring food price in Ethiopia: Does location matter?," IFPRI discussion papers 846, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Thurlow James & Tarp Finn & McCoy Simon & Hai Nguyen Manh & Breisinger Clemens & Arndt Channing, 2011.
"The Impact of the Global Commodity and Financial Crises on Poverty in Vietnam,"
Journal of Globalization and Development,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-31, August.
- Thurlow, James & Tarp, Finn & McCoy, Simon & Hai, Ngugyen Manh & Breisinger, Clemens & Arndt, Channing, 2010. "The Impact of the Global Commodity and Financial Crises on Poverty in Vietnam," WIDER Working Paper Series 098, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Julio Romero P, 2007.
"Inflación y costo de vida en las principales ciudades colombianas,"
DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO SOBRE ECONOMÍA REGIONAL Y URBANA
004564, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ECONOMÍA REGIONAL.
- Julio Romero P., 2007. "Inflación y costo de vida en las principales ciudades colombianas," Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional y Urbana 99, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Maros Ivanic & Will Martin, 2008. "Implications of higher global food prices for poverty in low-income countries-super-1," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 405-416, November.
- Fujii, Tomoki, 2013.
"Impact of food inflation on poverty in the Philippines,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 13-27.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2011. "Impact of food inflation on poverty in the Philippines," Working Papers 14-2011, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2010. "The Global Food Crisis and Guatemala: What Crisis and for Whom?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1328-1339, September.
- Coulombe, Harold & Wodon, Quentin, 2008.
"Assessing the geographic impact of higher food prices in Guinea,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4743, The World Bank.
- Vincent Leyaro & Oliver Morrissey & Trudy Owens, 2010. "Food prices, tax reforms and consumer Welfare in Tanzania 1991–2007," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 17(4), pages 430-450, August.
- Sébastien Dessus & Santiago Herrera & Rafael de Hoyos, 2008. "The impact of food inflation on urban poverty and its monetary cost: some back-of-the-envelope calculations," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 417-429, November.
- Dessus, Sebastien & Herrera, Santiago & de Hoyos, Rafael, 2008. "The impact of food inflation on urban poverty and its monetary cost : some back-of-the-envelope calculations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4666, The World Bank.
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2004. "Welfare Impacts of China's Accession to the World Trade Organization," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 18(1), pages 29-57.
- Ravallion, M., 1998. "Poverty Lines in Theory and Practice," Papers 133, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will & Zaman, Hassan, 2012. "Estimating the Short-Run Poverty Impacts of the 2010–11 Surge in Food Prices," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 2302-2317.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will & Zaman, Hassan, 2011. "Estimating the short-run poverty impacts of the 2010-11 surge in food prices," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5633, The World Bank.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will, 2008. "Implications of higher global food prices for poverty in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4594, The World Bank.
- Coleman, Simeon, 2012. "Where Does the Axe Fall? Inflation Dynamics and Poverty Rates: Regional and Sectoral Evidence for Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(12), pages 2454-2467. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antelo, Manel & Magdalena, Pilar & Reboredo, Juan C., 2017.
"Economic crisis and the unemployment effect on household food expenditure: The case of Spain,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 11-24.
- Antelo, Manel & Magdalena, Pilar & Reboredo, Juan C., 2015. "Economic crisis and the unemployment effect on household food expenditure: The case of Spain," MPRA Paper 77004, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsFood price surges; Urban poverty; Colombia;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-01-03 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-01-03 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kob:dpaper:dp2011-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office of Promoting Research Collaboration, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rikobjp.html .