Evidence of Competition in Research Activity among Economic Department using Spatial Econometric Techniques
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, E. Han & Morse, Adair & Zingales, Luigi, 2009.
"Are elite universities losing their competitive edge?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 353-381, September.
- Han Kim, E & Morse, Adair & Zingales, Luigi, 2006. "Are Elite Universities Losing their Competitive Edge?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5700, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- E. Han Kim & Adair Morse & Luigi Zingales, 2006. "Are Elite Universities Losing Their Competitive Edge?," NBER Working Papers 12245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David N. Laband & Robert D. Tollison, 2000. "Intellectual Collaboration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 632-661, June.
- Kellie L. Maske & Garey C. Durden & Patricia E. Gaynor, 2003.
"Determinants of Scholarly Productivity among Male and Female Economists,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(4), pages 555-564, October.
- Garey C. Durden & Patricia Gaynor & Kellie Maske, 2002. "Determinants of Scholarly Productivity Among Male and Female Economists," Working Papers 02-12, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Göran Therborn & K.C. Ho, 2009. "Introduction," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 53-62, March.
- Oliver Fabel & Miriam Hein & Robert Hofmeister, 2008. "Research Productivity in Business Economics: An Investigation of Austrian, German and Swiss Universities," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 506-531, November.
- Michael Rauber & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 2008.
"Life Cycle and Cohort Productivity in Economic Research: The Case of Germany,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 431-456, November.
- Michael Rauber & Heinrich Ursprung, 2007. "Life Cycle and Cohort Productivity in Economic Research: The Case of Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 2093, CESifo Group Munich.
- Frenken, Koen & Hardeman, Sjoerd & Hoekman, Jarno, 2009. "Spatial scientometrics: Towards a cumulative research program," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 222-232.
- Richard Dusansky & Clayton J. Vernon, 1998. "Rankings of U.S. Economics Departments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 157-170, Winter.
- Matthias Krapf, 2010. "Research evaluation and journal quality weights: Much ado about nothing?," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2010-02, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Klaus Ritzberger, 2008. "A Ranking of Journals in Economics and Related Fields," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 402-430, November.
- Jarno Hoekman & Koen Frenken & Frank Oort, 2009.
"The geography of collaborative knowledge production in Europe,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(3), pages 721-738, September.
- Jarno Hoekman & Koen Frenken & Frank van Oort, 2008. "The geography of collaborative knowledge production in Europe," KITeS Working Papers 214, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Feb 2008.
- Lung-Fei Lee, 2004. "Asymptotic Distributions of Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimators for Spatial Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1899-1925, November.
- P Burridge, 1981.
"Testing for a Common Factor in a Spatial Autoregression Model,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 13(7), pages 795-800, July.
- P Burridge, 1981. "Testing for a common factor in a spatial autoregression model," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 13(7), pages 795-800, July.
- repec:jns:jbstat:v:227:y:2007:i:2:p:187-208 is not listed on IDEAS
- A S Brandsma & R H Ketellapper, 1979. "A Biparametric Approach to Spatial Autocorrelation," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 11(1), pages 51-58, January.
- Luc Anselin, 2010. "Thirty years of spatial econometrics," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 3-25, March.
- Giulio Cainelli & Annunziata de Felice & Maria Lamonarca & Roberto Zoboli, 2006. "The Publications of Italian Economists in ECONLIT. Quantitative Assessment and Implications for Research Evaluation," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 385-424.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 2003. "Where are the Economists Who Publish? Publication Concentration and Rankings in Europe Based on Cumulative Publications," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1250-1308, December.
- Stephan, Paula E., 2010. "The Economics of Science," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, Elsevier.
- J. Elhorst, 2010. "Applied Spatial Econometrics: Raising the Bar," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 9-28.
- Laband, David N & Piette, Michael J, 1994. "The Relative Impacts of Economics Journals: 1970-1990," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 640-666, June.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Discussion Papers in Economics 01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- D A Griffith & R J Bennett & R P Haining, 1989. "Statistical Analysis of Spatial Data in the Presence of Missing Observations: A Methodological Guide and an Application to Urban Census Data," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 21(11), pages 1511-1523, November.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Complexity, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Susan Washburn Taylor & Blakely Fox Fender & Kimberly Gladden Burke, 2006. "Unraveling the Academic Productivity of Economists: The Opportunity Costs of Teaching and Service," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 846-859, April.
- Ursprung Heinrich W. & Zimmer Markus, 2007. "Who is the ”Platz-Hirsch“ of the German Economics Profession?: A Citation Analysis," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 227(2), pages 187-208, April.
- A S Brandsma & R H Ketellapper, 1979. "A biparametric approach to spatial autocorrelation," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 11(1), pages 51-58, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hartwig, Jochen, 2015.
"Structural change, aggregate demand and employment dynamics in the OECD, 1970–2010,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 36-45.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2013. "Structural Change, Aggregate Demand and Employment Dynamics in the OECD, 1970-2010," KOF Working papers 13-343, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- repec:spr:scient:v:104:y:2015:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-015-1625-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Bolli & Jörg Schläpfer, 2015.
"Job mobility, peer effects, and research productivity in economics,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 104(3), pages 629-650, September.
- Thomas Bolli & Joerg Schlaepfer, 2013. "Job Mobility, Peer Effects, and Research Productivity in Economics," KOF Working papers 13-342, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Peng, Ling & Hong, Yongmiao, 2013. "Productivity spillovers among linked sectors," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 44-61.
- repec:wyi:journl:002193 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsResearch productivity; Competition; Collaboration; Negative spatial autocorrelation; Geo-referenced point data;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-04-09 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EDU-2011-04-09 (Education)
- NEP-EFF-2011-04-09 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-GEO-2011-04-09 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SOG-2011-04-09 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:knz:dpteco:1104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office Ursprung). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwkonde.html .