Report NEP-GEO-2011-04-09This is the archive for NEP-GEO, a report on new working papers in the area of Economic Geography. Vassilis Monastiriotis issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- vom Berge, Philipp, 2011. "Search Unemployment and New Economic Geography," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 454, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Enrique López-Bazo & Burhan Can Karahasan, 2011. "The Spatial Distribution of Human Capital: Can It Really Be Explained by Regional Differences in Market Access?," IREA Working Papers 201102, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Feb 2011.
- Sheard, Nicholas, 2011. "Regional Policy in a Multiregional Setting: When the Poorest are Hurt by Subsidies," Research Papers in Economics 2011:11, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Grimes, Arthur & Le Vaillant, Jason & McCann, Philip, 2011. "Auckland's Knowledge Economy: Australasian and European Comparisons," Occasional Papers 11/2, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Fernanda Llussa & Jose Mario Lopes, 2011. "Regional Growth in Europe: The Role of European and National Policies," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp554, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Néstor Duch-Brown & Javier García-Estévez & Martí Parellada-Sabata, 2011. "Universities and regional economic growth in Spanish regions," Working Papers 2011/6, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Masashi Hoshino, 2011. "Measurement of GDP per capita and regional disparities in China, 1979-2009," Discussion Paper Series DP2011-17, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Apr 2011.
- Swenson, David A., 2011. "The Regional Economic Development Potential and Constraints to Local Foods Development in the Midwest," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32697, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Francisco J. Delgado & Santiago Lago-Peñas & Matías Mayor, 2011. "On the determinants of local tax rates: new evidence from Spain," Working Papers 2011/4, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- J. Paul Elhorst & Katarina Zigova, 2011. "Evidence of Competition in Research Activity among Economic Department using Spatial Econometric Techniques," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-04, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Vassilis Monastiriotis, 2011. "Regional Growth Dynamics in Central and Eastern Europe," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 33, European Institute, LSE.
- Berliant, Marcus & Tabuchi, Takatoshi, 2011. "Local Politics and Economic Geography," MPRA Paper 29771, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Néstor Duch-Brown & Javier García-Estévez, 2011. "Do universities affect firms’ location decisions? Evidence from Spain," Working Papers 2011/7, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Pablo D'Este & Frederick Guy & Simona Iammarino, 2011. "Shaping the formation of university-industry research collaborations: what type of proximity does really matter?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1106, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Mar 2011.
- Andrew T. Young & Matthew J. Higgins & Daniel Levy, 2011. "Heterogeneous Convergence," Working Paper series 18_11, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Florence Goffette-Nagot & Yves Schaeffer, 2011. "Income Segregation and Suburbanization in France : a discrete choice approach," Working Papers 1112, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Peter Claeys, 2011. "If you want me to stay, pay," IREA Working Papers 201101, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Feb 2011.