Can the United States Expand Apprenticeship? Lessons from Experience
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robert I. Lerman, 2012. "Can the United States Expand Apprenticeship? Lessons from Experience," Working Papers 2012-18, American University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gueorgui Kambourov & Iourii Manovskii, 2009. "Occupational Specificity Of Human Capital," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(1), pages 63-115, February.
- Morris M. Kleiner & Alan B. Krueger, 2013.
"Analyzing the Extent and Influence of Occupational Licensing on the Labor Market,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(S1), pages 173-202.
- Morris M. Kleiner & Alan B. Krueger, 2009. "Analyzing the Extent and Influence of Occupational Licensing on the Labor Market," Working Papers 1178, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Morris M. Kleiner & Alan B. Krueger, 2009. "Analyzing the Extent and Influence of Occupational Licensing on the Labor Market," Working Papers 1165, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Morris M. Kleiner & Alan B. Krueger, 2009. "Analyzing the Extent and Influence of Occupational Licensing on the Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 14979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kleiner, Morris M. & Krueger, Alan B., 2011. "Analyzing the Extent and Influence of Occupational Licensing on the Labor Market," IZA Discussion Papers 5505, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joshua Haimson & Jeanne Bellotti, "undated". "Schooling in the Workplace: Increasing the Scale and Quality of Work-Based Learning," Mathematica Policy Research Reports bee95e68835a4d36a73199a3c, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Joshua Haimson & Lara Hulsey, "undated". "Making Joint Commitments: Roles of Schools, Employers, and Students in Implementing National Skill Standards," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 6f00307c44bd42dda7303cc82, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Sullivan, Paul, 2010.
"Empirical evidence on occupation and industry specific human capital,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 567-580, June.
- Sullivan, Paul, 2006. "Empirical Evidence on Occupation and Industry Specific Human Capital," MPRA Paper 863, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Emmanuel Saez & Jae Song, 2010. "Earnings Inequality and Mobility in the United States: Evidence from Social Security Data Since 1937," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 91-128.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre Cahuc & Stéphane Carcillo & Ulf Rinne & Klaus Zimmermann, 2013.
"Youth unemployment in old Europe: the polar cases of France and Germany,"
IZA Journal of European Labor Studies,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Pierre Cahuc & Stéphane Carcillo & Ulf Rinne & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2013. "Youth Unemployment in Old Europe: The Polar Cases of France and Germany," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/7k0plsobem9, Sciences Po.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Carcillo, Stéphane & Rinne, Ulf & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2013. "Youth Unemployment in Old Europe: The Polar Cases of France and Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 7490, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Werner Eichhorst & NÃºria RodrÃguez-Planas & Ricarda Schmidl & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2015. "A Road Map to Vocational Education and Training in Industrialized Countries," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 68(2), pages 314-337, March.
More about this item
Keywordsapprenticeship; skills; training;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izapps:pp46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.