Estimation of Productivity in Korean Electric Power Plants: A Semiparametric Smooth Coefficient Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Heshmati, Almas & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Sun, Kai, 2014. "Estimation of productivity in Korean electric power plants: A semiparametric smooth coefficient model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 491-500.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robinson, Peter M, 1988. "Root- N-Consistent Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 931-954, July.
- Park, B. U. & Sickles, R. C. & Simar, L., 1998.
"Stochastic panel frontiers: A semiparametric approach,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 273-301, June.
- PARK, Byeong U. & SICKLES, Robin C. & SIMAR, Léopold, 1996. "Stochastic Panel Frontiers : A Semiparametric Approach," CORE Discussion Papers 1996038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- PARK, Beyong U. & SICKLES, Robin C. & SIMAR, Léopold, 1998. "Stochastic panel frontiers: A semiparametric approach," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1330, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Racine, Jeff & Li, Qi, 2004. "Nonparametric estimation of regression functions with both categorical and continuous data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 99-130, March.
- Fan, Yanqin & Li, Qi, 1996. "Consistent Model Specification Tests: Omitted Variables and Semiparametric Functional Forms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 865-890, July.
- Almas Heshmati, 2014. "Demand, Customer Base-Line And Demand Response In The Electricity Market: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 862-888, December.
- Shin, Jungwoo & Woo, JongRoul & Huh, Sung-Yoon & Lee, Jongsu & Jeong, Gicheol, 2014. "Analyzing public preferences and increasing acceptability for the Renewable Portfolio Standard in Korea," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 17-26.
- Ryu, Hanee & Dorjragchaa, Shonkhor & Kim, Yeonbae & Kim, Kyunam, 2014. "Electricity-generation mix considering energy security and carbon emission mitigation: Case of Korea and Mongolia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1071-1079.
- Park, Soo-Uk & Lesourd, Jean-Baptiste, 2000. "The efficiency of conventional fuel power plants in South Korea: A comparison of parametric and non-parametric approaches," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 59-67, January.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1986. "Productivity, R&D, and the Basic Research at the Firm Level in the 1970's," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 141-154, March.
- Min, Daiki & Chung, Jaewoo, 2013. "Evaluation of the long-term power generation mix: The case study of South Korea's energy policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1544-1552.
- Lee, Byoung-Hoon & Ahn, Hyeon-Hyo, 2006. "Electricity industry restructuring revisited: the case of Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1115-1126, July.
- Park, Eunil & Ohm, Jay Y., 2014. "Factors influencing the public intention to use renewable energy technologies in South Korea: Effects of the Fukushima nuclear accident," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 198-211.
- Baek, Jungho & Kim, Hyun Seok, 2013. "Is economic growth good or bad for the environment? Empirical evidence from Korea," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 744-749.
- Li, Qi, et al, 2002. "Semiparametric Smooth Coefficient Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 412-422, July.
- Li, Qi & Racine, Jeffrey S., 2010. "Smooth Varying-Coefficient Estimation And Inference For Qualitative And Quantitative Data," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(06), pages 1607-1637, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth,"
NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 17-45
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Griliches, 1979. "Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 92-116, Spring.
- Kim, Hoseok & Shin, Eui-soon & Chung, Woo-jin, 2011. "Energy demand and supply, energy policies, and energy security in the Republic of Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 6882-6897.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355.
- Hayashi, Masatsugu & Hughes, Larry, 2013. "The policy responses to the Fukushima nuclear accident and their effect on Japanese energy security," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 86-101.
- Choi, Ki-Hong & Ang, B.W., 2002. "Measuring thermal efficiency improvement in power generation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 447-455.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seifert, Stefan, 2015. "Productivity Growth and its Sources - A StoNED Metafrontier Analyis of the German Electricity Generating Sector," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112975, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:82:y:2018:i:p3:p:3962-3971 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oh, Dong-hyun & Lee, Yong-Gil, 2016. "Productivity decomposition and economies of scale of Korean fossil-fuel power generation companies: 2001–2012," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 1-9.
- Dai, Xiaoyong & Cheng, Liwei, 2016. "Market distortions and aggregate productivity: Evidence from Chinese energy enterprises," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 304-313.
- Stefan Seifert & Astrid Cullmann & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2014. "Technical Efficiency and CO2 Reduction Potentials: An Analysis of the German Electricity Generating Sector," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1426, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Seifert, Stefan & Cullmann, Astrid & von Hirschhausen, Christian, 2016. "Technical efficiency and CO2 reduction potentials — An analysis of the German electricity and heat generating sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 9-19.
- Kai Sun, 2015. "Constrained nonparametric estimation of input distance function," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 85-97, February.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Kai Sun & Rui Zhang, 2016. "Semiparametric Smooth Coefficient Estimation of a Production System," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 464-482, October.
- Stefan Seifert, 2015. "Measuring Productivity When Technologies Are Heterogeneous: A Semi-Parametric Approach for Electricity Generation," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1526, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordselectricity generation; smooth varying-coefficient model; semiparametric estimation; generator level panel data;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2013-03-23 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2013-03-23 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7277. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .