Recent Longitudinal Evidence of Size and Union Threat Effects across Genders
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dunn, L F, 1986. "Work Disutility and Compensating Differentials: Estimation of Factors in the Link between Wages and Firm Size," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 67-73, February.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2005. "Why do large firms pay higher wages? evidence from matched worker-firm data," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8743, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Campbell, Carl M, III, 1993. "Do Firms Pay Efficiency Wages? Evidence with Data at the Firm Level," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(3), pages 442-470, July.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & FranÃ§ois Rycx, 2007.
"The establishment-size wage premium: evidence from European countries,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(5), pages 427-451, December.
- Lallemand, Thierry & Plasman, Robert & Rycx, Francois, 2005. "The Establishment-Size Wage Premium: Evidence from European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 1569, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2007. "The establishment-size wage premium: evidence from European countries," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8735, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2005. "The establishment-size wage premium: evidence from European countries," DULBEA Working Papers 05-07.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bramley, Donald G. & Wunnava, Phanindra V. & Robinson, Michael D., 1989. "A note on union-non-union benefit differentials and size of establishment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 85-88.
- Robinson, Michael D. & Wunnava, Phanindra V., 1991. "Plant size, tenure, and discrimination in internal labor markets : Evidence on sex differentials," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 197-202, June.
- Wunnava, Phanindra V & Ewing, Bradley T, 2000. "Union-Nonunion Gender Wage and Benefit Differentials across Establishment Sizes," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 47-57, August.
- Luis Garicano & Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2006.
"Organization and Inequality in a Knowledge Economy,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(4), pages 1383-1435.
- Luis Garicano & Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2005. "Organization and Inequality in a Knowledge Economy," NBER Working Papers 11458, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Pedace, 2010. "Firm Size-Wage Premiums: Using Employer Data to Unravel the Mystery," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 163-182.
More about this item
Keywordssize effect; threat effect; random effects; fringe benefits; compensation; gender; union-nonunion;
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Retirement Plans; Private Pensions
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-09-30 (Business Economics)
- NEP-DEM-2012-09-30 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HME-2012-09-30 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-LAB-2012-09-30 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6779. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .