Do Employees Profit from Profit Sharing? Evidence from Canadian Panel Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hart, Robert A & Hubler, Olaf, 1991. "Are Profit Shares and Wages Substitute or Complementary Forms of Compensation?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 221-231.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Michael J. Handel & Maury Gittleman, 1999.
"Is There a Wage Payoff to Innovative Work Practices?,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_288, Levy Economics Institute.
- Michael J. Handel & Maury Gittleman, 2000. "Is there a Wage Payoff to Innovative Work Practices?," Macroeconomics 0004032, EconWPA.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2000. "Performance Pay and Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1346-1361, December.
- Wadhwani, Sushil & Wall, Martin, 1990.
"The Effects of Profit-Sharing on Employment, Wages, Stock Returns and Productivity: Evidence from UK Micro-data,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(399), pages 1-17, March.
- Wadhwani, S. & Wall, M., 1988. "The Effects Of Profit-Sharing On Employment, Wages, Stock Returns And Productivity: Evidence From Uk Micro-Data," Papers 311, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- John Paul Macduffie, 1995. "Human Resource Bundles and Manufacturing Performance: Organizational Logic and Flexible Production Systems in the World Auto Industry," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 48(2), pages 197-221, January.
- Kandel, Eugene & Lazear, Edward P, 1992. "Peer Pressure and Partnerships," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 801-817, August.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michel Magnan & Sylvie St-Onge, 2005. "The Impact of Profit Sharing on the Performance of Financial Services Firms," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 761-791, June.
- Douglas L. Kruse, 1996. "Why Do Firms Adopt Profit-Sharing and Employee Ownership Plans?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 515-538, December.
- Douglas L. Kruse, 1993. "Profit Sharing: Does It Make a Difference?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number ps, November.
- Derek C. Jones & Panu Kalmi & Antti Kauhanen, 2010. "Teams, Incentive Pay, and Productive Efficiency: Evidence from a Food-Processing Plant," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 63(4), pages 606-626, July.
- Bell, Linda A & Neumark, David, 1993. "Lump-Sum Payments and Profit-Sharing Plans in the Union Sector of the United States Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(418), pages 602-619, May.
- FitzRoy, Felix R & Kraft, Kornelius, 1986. "Profitability and Profit-Sharing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 113-130, December.
- Kym Anderson & David Norman & Glyn Wittwer, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters,in: The World's Wine Markets, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leila Baghdadi & Rihab Bellakhal & Marc-Arthur Diaye, 2016. "Financial Participation: Does the Risk Transfer Story Hold in France?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 54(1), pages 3-29, March.
- repec:bla:labour:v:31:y:2017:i:2:p:153-173 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fep:journl:v:28:y:2017:i:1:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tony Fang, 2016. "Profit sharing: Consequences for workers," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 225-225, January.
- Jaylson Jair da Silveira & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2017. "Employee Profit Sharing and Labor Extraction in a Classical Model of Distribution and Growth," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2017_02, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Emmanuel Petrakis & Panagiotis Skartados, 2018. "Strategic Profitâ€“Sharing in a Unionized Differentiated Goods Duopoly," Working Papers 1801, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Long, Richard J. & Fang, Tony, 2013. "Profit Sharing and Workplace Productivity: Does Teamwork Play a Role?," IZA Discussion Papers 7869, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Noélie Delahaie & Richard Duhautois, 2015.
"Profit-Sharing and Wages: An Empirical Analysis Using French Data Between 2000 and 2007,"
- Noélie Delahaie & Richard Duhautois, 2015. "Profit-Sharing and Wages: An Empirical Analysis Using French Data Between 2000 and 2007," TEPP Working Paper 2015-03, TEPP.
- Petr Petera & Jana Fibírová, 2015. "Basic Approaches to Profit-Sharing and Ideas for Utilization," Český finanční a účetní časopis, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(3), pages 97-117.
- Noélie Delahaie & Richard Duhautois, 2013. "L'impact des dispositifs collectifs de partage des bénéfices sur les rémunérations en France. Une analyse empirique sur la période 1999-2007," Working Papers halshs-00967479, HAL.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Jaylson Jair da Silveira, 2018. "Macrodynamic Implications of Employee Profit Sharing as Effort Elicitation Device," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2018_02, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
More about this item
Keywordsfirm-worker linked survey; employee earnings; profit sharing plans; Canada;
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-08-23 (Business Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-08-23 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6749. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.