Do Employees Profit from Profit Sharing? Evidence from Canadian Panel Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hart, Robert A & Hubler, Olaf, 1991. "Are Profit Shares and Wages Substitute or Complementary Forms of Compensation?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 221-231.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Michael J. Handel & Maury Gittleman, 1999.
"Is There a Wage Payoff to Innovative Work Practices?,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_288, Levy Economics Institute.
- Michael J. Handel & Maury Gittleman, 2000. "Is there a Wage Payoff to Innovative Work Practices?," Macroeconomics 0004032, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2000. "Performance Pay and Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1346-1361, December.
- Wadhwani, Sushil & Wall, Martin, 1990.
"The Effects of Profit-Sharing on Employment, Wages, Stock Returns and Productivity: Evidence from UK Micro-data,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(399), pages 1-17, March.
- Wadhwani, S. & Wall, M., 1988. "The Effects Of Profit-Sharing On Employment, Wages, Stock Returns And Productivity: Evidence From Uk Micro-Data," Papers 311, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- John Paul Macduffie, 1995. "Human Resource Bundles and Manufacturing Performance: Organizational Logic and Flexible Production Systems in the World Auto Industry," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 48(2), pages 197-221, January.
- Kandel, Eugene & Lazear, Edward P, 1992. "Peer Pressure and Partnerships," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 801-817, August.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michel Magnan & Sylvie St-Onge, 2005. "The Impact of Profit Sharing on the Performance of Financial Services Firms," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 761-791, June.
- Douglas L. Kruse, 1996. "Why Do Firms Adopt Profit-Sharing and Employee Ownership Plans?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 515-538, December.
- Douglas L. Kruse, 1993. "Profit Sharing: Does It Make a Difference?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number ps, November.
- Derek C. Jones & Panu Kalmi & Antti Kauhanen, 2010. "Teams, Incentive Pay, and Productive Efficiency: Evidence from a Food-Processing Plant," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 63(4), pages 606-626, July.
- Bell, Linda A & Neumark, David, 1993. "Lump-Sum Payments and Profit-Sharing Plans in the Union Sector of the United States Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(418), pages 602-619, May.
- FitzRoy, Felix R & Kraft, Kornelius, 1986. "Profitability and Profit-Sharing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 113-130, December.
- Kym Anderson & David Norman & Glyn Wittwer, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters,in: The World's Wine Markets, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaylson Jair da Silveira & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2017.
"Employee Profit-sharing and Labor Extraction in a Classical Model of Distribution and Growth,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 613-635, October.
- Jaylson Jair da Silveira & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2017. "Employee Profit Sharing and Labor Extraction in a Classical Model of Distribution and Growth," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2017_02, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Jaylson Jair Da Silveira & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2018. "Employee Profit Sharing And Labor Extraction In A Classical Model Of Distribution And Growth," Anais do XLIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 44th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 13, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Long, Richard J. & Fang, Tony, 2013. "Profit Sharing and Workplace Productivity: Does Teamwork Play a Role?," IZA Discussion Papers 7869, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Noélie Delahaie & Richard Duhautois, 2015.
"Profit-Sharing and Wages: An Empirical Analysis Using French Data Between 2000 and 2007,"
- Noélie Delahaie & Richard Duhautois, 2015. "Profit-Sharing and Wages: An Empirical Analysis Using French Data Between 2000 and 2007," TEPP Working Paper 2015-03, TEPP.
- repec:bla:labour:v:31:y:2017:i:2:p:153-173 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fep:journl:v:28:y:2017:i:1:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emmanuel Petrakis & Panagiotis Skartados, 2018. "Strategic Profitâ€“Sharing in a Unionized Differentiated Goods Duopoly," Working Papers 1801, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Noélie Delahaie & Richard Duhautois, 2013. "L'impact des dispositifs collectifs de partage des bénéfices sur les rémunérations en France. Une analyse empirique sur la période 1999-2007," Working Papers halshs-00967479, HAL.
- Leila Baghdadi & Rihab Bellakhal & Marc-Arthur Diaye, 2016. "Financial Participation: Does the Risk Transfer Story Hold in France?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 54(1), pages 3-29, March.
- Tony Fang, 2016. "Profit sharing: Consequences for workers," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 225-225, January.
- Petr Petera & Jana Fibírová, 2015. "Basic Approaches to Profit-Sharing and Ideas for Utilization," Český finanční a účetní časopis, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(3), pages 97-117.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Jaylson Jair da Silveira, 2018. "Macrodynamic Implications of Employee Profit Sharing as Effort Elicitation Device," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2018_02, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
More about this item
Keywordsfirm-worker linked survey; employee earnings; profit sharing plans; Canada;
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-08-23 (Business Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-08-23 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6749. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .