A Model of NGO Regulation with an Application to Uganda
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ronelle Burger & Indraneel Dasgupta & Trudy Owens, 2011. "A Model of NGO Regulation with an Application to Uganda," Working Papers 22/2011, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mookherjee, Dilip & Png, I P L, 1995. "Corruptible Law Enforcers: How Should They Be Compensated?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 145-159, January.
- Martens,Bertin & Mummert,Uwe & Murrell,Peter & Seabright,Paul, 2008. "The Institutional Economics of Foreign Aid," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521055390.
- Rachel M. McCleary & Robert J. Barro, 2006. "U.S.-Based Private Voluntary Organizations: Religious and Secular PVOs Engaged in International Relief & Development," NBER Working Papers 12238, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Spiros Bougheas & Indraneel Dasgupta & Oliver Morrissey, 2011.
"Repayment versus Investment Conditions and Exclusivity in Lending Contracts,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 167(2), pages 247-265, June.
- Bougheas, Spiros & Dasgupta, Indraneel & Morrissey, Oliver, 2009. "Repayment versus Investment Conditions and Exclusivity in Lending Contracts," IZA Discussion Papers 4604, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Spiros Bougheas & Indraneel Dasgupta & Oliver Morrissey, 2007. "Tough love or unconditional charity?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(4), pages 561-582, October.
- Aldashev, Gani & Verdier, Thierry, 2010.
"Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 48-63, January.
- Gani Aldashev & Thierry Verdier, 2010. "Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development," Post-Print halshs-00754487, HAL.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1997. "Corruption and Development: A Review of Issues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1320-1346, September.
- Barr, Abigail & Fafchamps, Marcel & Owens, Trudy, 2005. "The governance of non-governmental organizations in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 657-679, April.
- Robinson, Mark & Riddell, Roger C., 1995. "Non-Governmental Organizations and Rural Poverty Alleviation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198233305.
- Jeremy Thornton, 2008. "Competition, Contractibility, and the Market for Donors to Nonprofits," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 215-246, May.
- Guriev, Sergei, 2004. "Red tape and corruption," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 489-504, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ronelle BURGER & Indraneel DASGUPTA & Trudy OWENS, 2015.
"Why Pay NGOs to Involve the Community?,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(1), pages 7-31, March.
- Ronelle Burger & Indraneel Dasgupta & Trudy Owens, "undated". "Why Pay NGOs to Involve the Community?," Discussion Papers 14/01, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Burger, Ronelle & Dasgupta, Indraneel & Owens, Trudy, 2014. "Why Pay NGOs to Involve the Community?," IZA Discussion Papers 8051, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ronelle Burger & Indraneel Dasgupta & Trudy Owens, 2014. "Why pay NGOs to involve the community?," Working Papers 05/2014, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Berta SILVA & Ronelle BURGER, 2015. "Financial vulnerability: an empirical study of Ugandan NGOs," CIRIEC Working Papers 1515, CIRIEC - Université de Liège.
More about this item
Keywordsdeveloping countries; regulation of non-governmental organizations; Uganda;
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-01-10 (Development)
- NEP-REG-2012-01-10 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.