Why pay NGOs to involve the community?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Burger, Ronelle & Dasgupta, Indraneel & Owens, Trudy, 2014. "Why Pay NGOs to Involve the Community?," IZA Discussion Papers 8051, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ronelle Burger & Indraneel Dasgupta & Trudy Owens, "undated". "Why Pay NGOs to Involve the Community?," Discussion Papers 14/01, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcelo J. Moreira & Brian P. Poi, 2003.
"Implementing tests with correct size in the simultaneous equations model,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 3(1), pages 57-70, March.
- Marcelo J. Moreira & Brian P. Poi, 2003. "Implementing Tests with Correct Size in the Simultaneous Equation Model," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1993, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Botchway, Karl, 2001. "Paradox of Empowerment: Reflections on a Case Study from Northern Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 135-153, January.
- Indraneel Dasgupta & Ravi Kanbur, 2005. "Community and anti-poverty targeting," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 3(3), pages 281-302, December.
- Indraneel Dasgupta & Ravi Kanbur, 2011. "Does philanthropy reduce inequality?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Spiros Bougheas & Indraneel Dasgupta & Oliver Morrissey, 2007. "Tough love or unconditional charity?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(4), pages 561-582, October.
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2010. "Working for God? Evidence from a Change in Financing of Nonprofit Health Care Providers in Uganda," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 8(6), pages 1159-1178, December.
- J-P. Platteau & A. Abraham, 2002. "Participatory Development in the Presence of Endogenous Community Imperfections," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 104-136.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Trudy Owens, 2009. "The Determinants of Funding to Ugandan Nongovernmental Organizations," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(2), pages 295-321, March.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Kanbur, Ravi, 2007. "Community and class antagonism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(9), pages 1816-1842, September.
- Aldashev, Gani & Verdier, Thierry, 2010.
"Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 48-63, January.
- Gani Aldashev & Thierry Verdier, 2010. "Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development," Post-Print halshs-00754487, HAL.
- Platteau, Jean-Philippe & Gaspart, Frederic, 2003. "The Risk of Resource Misappropriation in Community-Driven Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1687-1703, October.
- de Berry, Jo, 1999. "Exploring the concept of community: implications for NGO management," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 29100, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ban, Radu & Jha, Saumitra & Rao, Vijayendra, 2012.
"Who has voice in a deliberative democracy? Evidence from transcripts of village parliaments in south India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 428-438.
- Ban, Radu & Jha, Saumitra & Rao, Vijayendra, 2012. "Who Has Voice in a Deliberative Democracy? Evidence from Transcripts of Village Parliaments in South India," Research Papers 2103, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Asim Ijaz Khwaja, 2004. "Is Increasing Community Participation Always a Good Thing?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(2-3), pages 427-436, 04/05.
- Burger, Ronelle & Dasgupta, Indraneel & Owens, Trudy, 2011.
"A Model of NGO Regulation with an Application to Uganda,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6221, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ronelle Burger & Indraneel Dasgupta & Trudy Owens, 2011. "A Model of NGO Regulation with an Application to Uganda," Working Papers 22/2011, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Isham, Jonathan & Narayan, Deepa & Pritchett, Lant, 1995. "Does Participation Improve Performance? Establishing Causality with Subjective Data," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(2), pages 175-200, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ronelle Burger & Indraneel Dasgupta & Trudy Owens, 2015. "A Model of Nongovernmental Organization Regulation with an Application to Uganda," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(1), pages 71-111.
More about this item
Keywordsregulation of non-governmental organizations; developing countries; community participation; Uganda;
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
- L38 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2014-03-30 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-PPM-2014-03-30 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-SOC-2014-03-30 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sza:wpaper:wpapers210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Melt van Schoor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desunza.html .