A Model of Dynamic Conflict in Ethnocracies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Dasgupta, Indraneel, 2009.
"'Living' wage, class conflict and ethnic strife,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 750-765, November.
- Indraneel Dasgupta, "undated". "‘Living’ wage, class conflict and ethnic strife," Discussion Papers 08/08, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Indraneel Dasgupta, 2009. "'Living' wage, class conflict and ethnic strife," Post-Print hal-00722792, HAL.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel, 2008. "‘Living’ Wage, Class Conflict and Ethnic Strife," IZA Discussion Papers 3631, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Kanbur, Ravi, 2003. "Bridging Communal Divides: Separation, Patronage, Integration," Working Papers 127235, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Maria Arbatskaya & Hugo Mialon, 2010. "Multi-activity contests," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 43(1), pages 23-43, April.
- Nitzan, Shmuel, 1991. "Rent-Seeking with Non-identical Sharing Rules," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 71(1-2), pages 43-50, August.
- Klumpp, Tilman & Polborn, Mattias K., 2006. "Primaries and the New Hampshire Effect," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 1073-1114, August.
- Kvasov, Dmitriy, 2007. "Contests with limited resources," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 738-748, September.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2009.
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 256-274, May.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2006. "Multi-battle contests," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1187, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2006. "Multi-Battle Contests," CEPR Discussion Papers 5645, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2006. "Multi-battle contests," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 122, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2009. "Multi-battle contests," Munich Reprints in Economics 22084, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Rafael Reuveny & John W. Maxwell & Jefferson Davis, 2011. "Dynamic Winner-Take-All Conflict," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(5), pages 471-492, August.
- Indraneel Dasgupta & Ravi Kanbur, 2005. "Community and anti-poverty targeting," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 3(3), pages 281-302, December.
- Indraneel Dasgupta & Ravi Kanbur, 2011. "Does philanthropy reduce inequality?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Steven Callander, 2007. "Bandwagons and Momentum in Sequential Voting," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(3), pages 653-684.
- Zeynep B. Irfanoglu & Shakun D. Mago & Roman M. Sheremeta, 2014. "The New Hampshire Effect: Behavior in Sequential and Simultaneous Election Contests," Working Papers 14-15, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Kanbur, Ravi, 2007. "Community and class antagonism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(9), pages 1816-1842, September.
- Maxwell, John W. & Reuveny, Rafael, 2005. "Continuing conflict," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 30-52, September.
- Baik, Kyung Hwan & Lee, Sanghack, 2000. "Two-Stage Rent-Seeking Contests with Carryovers," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 103(3-4), pages 285-296, June.
- Pamela Schmitt & Robert Shupp & Kurtis Swope & John Cadigan, 2004.
"Multi-period rent-seeking contests with carryover: Theory and experimental evidence,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 187-211, November.
- John Cadigan & Pamela Schmitt & Kurtis Swope & Robert Shupp, 2004. "Multi-Period Rent-Seeking Contests with Carryover: Theory and Experimental Evidence," Departmental Working Papers 5, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:95:y:2001:i:03:p:663-672_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dan Kovenock J. & Brian Roberson, 2010. "Conflicts with Multiple Battlefields," CESifo Working Paper Series 3165, CESifo Group Munich.
- Davis, Douglas D & Reilly, Robert J, 1999. "Rent-Seeking with Non-identical Sharing Rules: An Equilibrium Rescued," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 100(1-2), pages 31-38, July.
- Katz, Eliakim & Tokatlidu, Julia, 1996. "Group competition for rents," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 599-607, December.
- Daron Acemoglu & Alexander Wolitzky, 2014. "Cycles of Conflict: An Economic Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(4), pages 1350-1367, April.
More about this item
Keywordsethnocracy; ethnic conflict; dynamic contest; rent-seeking; inter-temporal productivity carryover;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O20 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2015-07-11 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EVO-2015-07-11 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-POL-2015-07-11 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp9159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.