A Model of Dynamic Conflict in Ethnocracies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2009.
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 256-274, May.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2006. "Multi-battle contests," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1187, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2006. "Multi-battle contests," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 122, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2006. "Multi-Battle Contests," CEPR Discussion Papers 5645, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Kovenock, Dan, 2009. "Multi-battle contests," Munich Reprints in Economics 22084, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Baik, Kyung Hwan & Lee, Sanghack, 2000. "Two-Stage Rent-Seeking Contests with Carryovers," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 103(3-4), pages 285-296, June.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel, 2009.
"'Living' wage, class conflict and ethnic strife,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 750-765, November.
- Indraneel Dasgupta, "undated". "‘Living’ wage, class conflict and ethnic strife," Discussion Papers 08/08, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Indraneel Dasgupta, 2009. "'Living' wage, class conflict and ethnic strife," Post-Print hal-00722792, HAL.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel, 2008. "‘Living’ Wage, Class Conflict and Ethnic Strife," IZA Discussion Papers 3631, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pamela Schmitt & Robert Shupp & Kurtis Swope & John Cadigan, 2004.
"Multi-period rent-seeking contests with carryover: Theory and experimental evidence,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 187-211, November.
- John Cadigan & Pamela Schmitt & Kurtis Swope & Robert Shupp, 2004. "Multi-Period Rent-Seeking Contests with Carryover: Theory and Experimental Evidence," Departmental Working Papers 5, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:95:y:2001:i:03:p:663-672_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Kanbur, Ravi, 2003. "Bridging Communal Divides: Separation, Patronage, Integration," Working Papers 127235, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Maria Arbatskaya & Hugo Mialon, 2010. "Multi-activity contests," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 43(1), pages 23-43, April.
- Nitzan, Shmuel, 1991. "Rent-Seeking with Non-identical Sharing Rules," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 71(1-2), pages 43-50, August.
- Dan Kovenock J. & Brian Roberson, 2010. "Conflicts with Multiple Battlefields," CESifo Working Paper Series 3165, CESifo Group Munich.
- Klumpp, Tilman & Polborn, Mattias K., 2006. "Primaries and the New Hampshire Effect," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 1073-1114, August.
- Kvasov, Dmitriy, 2007. "Contests with limited resources," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 738-748, September.
- Rafael Reuveny & John W. Maxwell & Jefferson Davis, 2011. "Dynamic Winner-Take-All Conflict," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(5), pages 471-492, August.
- Indraneel Dasgupta & Ravi Kanbur, 2005. "Community and anti-poverty targeting," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 3(3), pages 281-302, December.
- Indraneel Dasgupta & Ravi Kanbur, 2011. "Does philanthropy reduce inequality?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Steven Callander, 2007. "Bandwagons and Momentum in Sequential Voting," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(3), pages 653-684.
- Zeynep B. Irfanoglu & Shakun D. Mago & Roman M. Sheremeta, 2014. "The New Hampshire Effect: Behavior in Sequential and Simultaneous Election Contests," Working Papers 14-15, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Kanbur, Ravi, 2007. "Community and class antagonism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(9), pages 1816-1842, September.
- Davis, Douglas D & Reilly, Robert J, 1999. "Rent-Seeking with Non-identical Sharing Rules: An Equilibrium Rescued," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 100(1-2), pages 31-38, July.
- Katz, Eliakim & Tokatlidu, Julia, 1996. "Group competition for rents," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 599-607, December.
- Maxwell, John W. & Reuveny, Rafael, 2005. "Continuing conflict," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 30-52, September.
- Daron Acemoglu & Alexander Wolitzky, 2014. "Cycles of Conflict: An Economic Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(4), pages 1350-1367, April.
More about this item
Keywordsethnocracy; ethnic conflict; dynamic contest; rent-seeking; inter-temporal productivity carryover;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O20 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2015-07-11 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EVO-2015-07-11 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-POL-2015-07-11 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp9159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .