'Living' wage, class conflict and ethnic strife
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Woojin Lee & John E. Roemer, 2005. "The Rise and Fall of Unionised Labour Markets: A Political Economy Approach," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(500), pages 28-67, January.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Kanbur, Ravi, 2003. "Bridging Communal Divides: Separation, Patronage, Integration," Working Papers 127235, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Glazer, Amihai, 2002.
"Allies as rivals: internal and external rent seeking,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 155-162, June.
- Glazer, A., 1999. "Allies as Rivals: Internal and External Rent Seeking," Papers 99-00-10, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Indraneel Dasgupta & Ravi Kanbur, 2005. "Community and anti-poverty targeting," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 3(3), pages 281-302, December.
- Woojin Lee & John Roemer & Karine Van der Straeten, 2006.
"Racism, Xenophobia, and Redistribution,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(2-3), pages 446-454, 04-05.
- Woojin Lee & John Roemer & Karine van der Straeten, 2005. "Racism, xenophobia, and redistribution," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2005-15, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Woojin Lee & John E. Roemer & Karine Van Der Straeten, 2006. "Racism, Xenophobia and Distribution," Post-Print halshs-00754163, HAL.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 1996. "Contest success functions (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 7(2), pages 283-290.
- Mishra, Prachi, 2007. "Emigration and wages in source countries: Evidence from Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 180-199, January.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Kanbur, Ravi, 2007. "Community and class antagonism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(9), pages 1816-1842, September.
- Alberto Alesina & Edward Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote, 2001.
"Why Doesn't the United States Have a European-Style Welfare State?,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, pages 187-278.
- Alesina, Alberto Francesco & Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Sacerdote, Burce, 2001. "Why Doesn't the United States Have a European-Style Welfare State?," Scholarly Articles 12502088, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John E. Roemer, 1979. "Divide and Conquer: Microfoundations of a Marxian Theory of Wage Discrimination," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(2), pages 695-705, Autumn.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- Garfinkel, Michelle R. & Skaperdas, Stergios, 2007. "Economics of Conflict: An Overview," Handbook of Defense Economics, Elsevier.
- John E. Roemer & Lee Woojin & Karine Van Der Straeten, 2007. "Racism, Xenophobia, and Distribution: Multi-issue Politics in Advanced Democracies," Post-Print halshs-00754747, HAL.
- Katz, Eliakim & Tokatlidu, Julia, 1996. "Group competition for rents," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 599-607, December.
- Nitzan, Shmuel, 1994. "Modelling rent-seeking contests," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 41-60, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jay Pil Choi & Subhasish M. Chowdhury & Jaesoo Kim, 2011.
"Group Contests with Internal Conflict and Power Asymmetry,"
University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series
025, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Jay Pil Choi & Subhasish M. Chowdhury & Jaesoo Kim, 2014. "Group Contests with Internal Conflict and Power Asymmetry," CESifo Working Paper Series 5137, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Neogi, Ranajoy Guha, 2017. "Between-Group Contests over Group-Specific Public Goods with Within-Group Fragmentation," IZA Discussion Papers 10881, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Indraneel Dasgupta & Ravi Kanbur, 2011. "Does philanthropy reduce inequality?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Arnab Basu, 2013.
"Impact of rural employment guarantee schemes on seasonal labor markets: optimum compensation and workers’ welfare,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 11(1), pages 1-34, March.
- Basu, Arnab K., 2011. "Impact of Rural Employment Guarantee Schemes on Seasonal Labor Markets: Optimum Compensation and Workers' Welfare," IZA Discussion Papers 5701, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bakshi, Dripto & Dasgupta, Indraneel, 2016. "Identity Conflict with Cross-Border Spillovers," IZA Discussion Papers 9731, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Soumyanetra Munshi, 2014. "Student Politics: A Game-Theoretic Exploration," Working Papers id:6309, eSocialSciences.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Mukherjee, Diganta, 2014. "Assimilation, Criminality and Ethnic Conflict," IZA Discussion Papers 7924, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bakshi, Dripto & Dasgupta, Indraneel, 2015. "A Model of Dynamic Conflict in Ethnocracies," IZA Discussion Papers 9159, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Soumyanetra Munshi, 2014. "Student politics: A Game-theoretic exploration," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-047, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
More about this item
KeywordsO17; D31; D72; D74; I38; J52; O17.; Class conflict; Ethnic conflict; Living wage; Labour regulation; Social entitlement; Affirmative action; Distribution;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- J52 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Dispute Resolution: Strikes, Arbitration, and Mediation
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00722792. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.