Who had the idea to build up a village organization? Some evidence from Senegal and Burkina Faso
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cecilia NAVARRA & Elena VALLINO, 2015. "Who Had the Idea to Build Up a Village Organization? Some Evidence from Senegal and Burkina Faso," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(1), pages 33-72, March.
- Cecilia Navarra & Elena Vallino, 2014. "Who had the idea to build up a village organization? Some evidence from Senegal and Burkina Faso," Working Papers 1411, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Platteau, Jean-Philippe & Gaspart, Frederic, 2003. "The Risk of Resource Misappropriation in Community-Driven Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1687-1703, October.
- Vallino, Elena, 2013. "The tragedy of the park: an agent-based model on endogenous and exogenous institutions for the management of a forest," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201316, University of Turin.
- Gani Aldashev & Cecilia Navarra, 2014. "Development NGOs: Basic Facts," Working Papers 1409, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Ghazala Mansuri & Vijayendra Rao, 2013. "Localizing Development : Does Participation Work?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11859.
- Arcand, Jean-Louis & Fafchamps, Marcel, 2012. "Matching in community-based organizations," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 203-219.
- Edmonds, Eric V, 2003. "Development Assistance and the Construction of Government-Initiated Community Institutions," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 897-928, July.
- Barr, Abigail & Fafchamps, Marcel & Owens, Trudy, 2005. "The governance of non-governmental organizations in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 657-679, April.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Collion, Marie-Hélène & de Janvry, Alain & Rondot, Pierre & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2008. "Do Village Organizations Make a Difference in African Rural Development? A Study for Senegal and Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2188-2204, November.
- J-P. Platteau & A. Abraham, 2002. "Participatory Development in the Presence of Endogenous Community Imperfections," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 104-136.
- Eric Werker & Faisal Z. Ahmed, 2008. "What Do Nongovernmental Organizations Do?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 73-92, Spring.
- Mokbul Morshed Ahmad, 2006. "The 'partnership' between international NGOs (non-governmental organisations) and local NGOs in Bangladesh," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 629-638.
- Aldashev, Gani & Verdier, Thierry, 2010.
"Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 48-63, January.
- Gani Aldashev & Thierry Verdier, 2010. "Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development," Post-Print halshs-00754487, HAL.
- Aldashev, Gani & Verdier, Thierry, 2009.
"When NGOs go global: Competition on international markets for development donations,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 198-210, November.
- Gani Aldashev & Thierry Verdier, 2008. "When NGOs Go Global: Competition on International Markets for Development Donations," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 93, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Gani Aldashev & Thierry Verdier, 2009. "When NGOs go global: Competition on international markets for development donations," Post-Print halshs-00754327, HAL.
- Bebbington, Anthony, 2005. "Donor-NGO relations and representations of livelihood in nongovernmental aid ahains," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 937-950, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gani Aldashev & Marco Marini & Thierry Verdier, 2017.
"Samaritan Bundles: Inefficient Clustering in NGO Projects,"
6/17, Sapienza University of Rome, DISS.
- Gani Aldashev & Marco Marini & Thierry Verdier, 2017. "Samaritan Bundles: Inefficient Clustering in NGO Projects," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2017-12, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Aldashev, Gani & Marini, Marco & Verdier, Thierry, 2017. "Samaritan Bundles: Inefficient Clustering in NGO Projects," CEPR Discussion Papers 11931, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gani Aldashev & Cecilia Navarra, 2017. "Development NGOs: Basic Facts," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2017-36, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
- O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2014-04-11 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2014-04-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uto:dipeco:201407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri) or (Marina Grazioli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detorit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.