Changing Fertility Preferences One Migrant at a Time: The Impact of Remittances on the Fertility Rate
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tadashi Yamada, 1984. "Causal Relationships between Infant Mortality and Fertility in Developedand Less Developed Countries," NBER Working Papers 1528, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp & Samir Jahjah, 2005.
"Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(1), pages 55-81, April.
- Samir Jahjah & Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp, 2003. "Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?," IMF Working Papers 03/189, International Monetary Fund.
- Parsons, Christopher R. & Skeldon, Ronald & Walmsley, Terrie L. & Winters, L. Alan, 2007. "Quantifying international migration : a database of bilateral migrant stocks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4165, The World Bank.
- Frédéric Docquier, 2004.
"Income Distribution, Non-convexities and the Fertility-Income Relationship,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(281), pages 261-273, May.
- Frédéric Docquier, 2004. "Income Distribution, Non-convexities and the Fertility-Income Relationship," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/229564, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Alessandra Fogli & Raquel Fernandez, 2009.
"Culture: An Empirical Investigation of Beliefs, Work, and Fertility,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 146-177, January.
- Raquel Fernandez & Alessandra Fogli, 2005. "Culture: An Empirical Investigation of Beliefs, Work, and Fertility," NBER Working Papers 11268, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raquel Fernandez & Alessandra Fogli, 2005. "Culture: an empirical investigation of beliefs, work, and fertility," Staff Report 361, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Alessandra Fogli & Raquel Fernandez, 2005. "Culture: An Empirical Investigation of Beliefs, Work, and Fertility," Working Papers 05-07, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Fernández, Raquel & Fogli, Alessandra, 2005. "Culture: An Empirical Investigation of Beliefs, Work and Fertility," CEPR Discussion Papers 5089, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adams Jr., Richard H. & Cuecuecha, Alfredo, 2010.
"Remittances, Household Expenditure and Investment in Guatemala,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1626-1641, November.
- Adams, Richard H. Jr., 2005. "Remittances, household expenditure and investment in Guatemala," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3532, The World Bank.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2006. "Migration, Remittances, and Male and Female Employment Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 222-226, May.
- El-Sakka, M. I. T. & McNabb, Robert, 1999. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Emigrant Remittances," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1493-1502, August.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Tania Sainz & Susan Pozo, 2007. "Remittances and healthcare expenditure patterns of populations in origin communities : evidence from Mexico," INTAL Working Papers 1450, Inter-American Development Bank, INTAL.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2009. "Crime and Remittance Transfers," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 232-247.
- Alejandra Cox Edwards & Manuelita Ureta, 2003. "International Migration, Remittances, and Schooling: Evidence from El Salvador," NBER Working Papers 9766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Alejandra Cox & Ureta, Manuelita, 2003. "International migration, remittances, and schooling: evidence from El Salvador," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 429-461, December.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2004. "Workers' Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Paradox of Gifts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1407-1417, August.
- Hill Kulu, 2003. "Migration and fertility: competing hypotheses re-examined," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2003-035, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George Naufal, 2015. "Impact of remittances on fertility," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 207-207, November.
- Wadim Strielkowski & Blanka Weyskrabova, 2014. "Ukrainian Labour Migration and Remittances in the Czech Republic," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 105(1), pages 30-45, February.
- Michael Clemens and Timothy N. Ogden, 2014. "Migration as a Strategy for Household Finance: A Research Agenda on Remittances, Payments, and Development- Working Paper 354," Working Papers 354, Center for Global Development.
More about this item
Keywordsremittances; fertility rate; panel data; Latin America; Africa; Asia;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-04-13 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2009-04-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2009-04-13 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2009-04-13 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SEA-2009-04-13 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4066. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .